Misc Accidentally made 2 3DS's the exact same

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a N3DS XL recently and wanted to move all my data from my o3DS to my new one. However I didn't want everything from my o3DS to be reformatted. So what I did was back up the NAND on my o3DS before doing the data transfer then restored the NAND afterwards, creating 2 identical 3DS's. The problem is, Both 3DS's now share the same FC, NNID (which I removed, hopefully I did it fast enough before Nintendo noticed.), streetpass, etc. Will this cause any problems? Can I change my FC? Some reassurance/help would be great!

Reactions: Stealphie

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a N3DS XL recently and wanted to move all my data from my o3DS to my new one. However I didn't want everything from my o3DS to be reformatted. So what I did was back up the NAND on my o3DS before doing the data transfer then restored the NAND afterwards, creating 2 identical 3DS's. The problem is, Both 3DS's now share the same FC, NNID (which I removed, hopefully I did it fast enough before Nintendo noticed.), streetpass, etc. Will this cause any problems? Can I change my FC? Some reassurance/help would be great!
it dont really matter about it being on 2 3ds. The NNID eshop and games purchased from there are going to work on the system the NNID is supposed to be on....The one thats registered to nintendos servers. FC can only be changed if you reformat the console you want it chnaged on, but doing so you are going to lose anything else thats on said console.

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it dont really matter about it being on 2 3ds. The NNID eshop and games purchased from there are going to work on the system the NNID is supposed to be on....The one thats registered to nintendos servers. FC can only be changed if you reformat the console you want it chnaged on, but doing so you are going to lose anything else thats on said console.

But which NNID would've it have been registered to? It was originally created on my o3DS, but since I did a system transfer does that make it registered on my new one now? I am able to get on the eShop and such so... Well I dont intend to play online with my o3DS now so I guess it's okay. I'll just let them have the same FC. What I'm really worried about is Nintendo finding out I had my NNID registered on two 3DS's for a couple minutes ^^;

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But which NNID would've it have been registered to? It was originally created on my o3DS, but since I did a system transfer does that make it registered on my new one now? I am able to get on the eShop and such so... Well I dont intend to play online with my o3DS now so I guess it's okay. I'll just let them have the same FC. What I'm really worried about is Nintendo finding out I had my NNID registered on two 3DS's for a couple minutes ^^;
Did you do a system transfer which included connecting to the internet to see if the transfer could be done? If yes, then the console you got the nnid on would be the new one. The new one will allow eshop access and the old one now will say the NNID is linked to a different console.

FarisMarie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do a system transfer which included connecting to the internet to see if the transfer could be done? If yes, then the console you got the nnid on would be the new one. The new one will allow eshop access and the old one now will say the NNID is linked to a different console.
Yes I followed this guide.
Ah I see. Well that's good then! Thank you for that! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since