Hacking Accidentally hit the update button

dytri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure alot of people make this mistake every time the switch gets a new update, but in my case. I haven't been able to find a answer for people in my position.
I hit the update button by mistake while I was trying to play a game, of course it said "updating" and proceeded to turn off my switch. Which is weird, since Nintendo banned my switch so how was I able to still get the option to update every time they issue a new firmware update, is beyond me. Pisses me off to be honest, anyways. Right off the bat, the screen went black, unable to access my switch I wanted to see if I can find a solution to fix it.

Stupidly, I made no NAND backup prior to this. So I cant make any restores. I look in many forums with this same issue and many say to simply add reformat my SD card and add the latest atmosphere files prior to the newest firmware (or wait till atmosphere issues a new update for that firmware), I did that and of course... it didnt work. I received the same message I got when I accidentally updated the switch....
(ERROR) Fatal error: [NXBOOT] Failed to mount EmuMMC from sd card partition!
Press POWER to reboot.

Is there anyway for me to fix this issue? I also tried downgrading with ChoiDujour PC and upgrade with ChoiDujour NX once I did successfully downgrade, that didnt work either.
Since I tried booting that downgraded firmware through hekate and it gave me a unable to find HOS error message. I really dont want to do a complete wipe of all my save/user file just yet. I also want to add that, even though I hit update. I'm not sure if I actually did update to 11.0.0 since you know.... my whole screen when black with that error message.[/ERROR]

Last edited by dytri,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You trying to downgrade after burning a fuse only made things more complicated Choi doesn't work like that.
Also make sure your using the latest Hekate that usually gets overlooked b/c not everybody uses emuMMC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: collecting the coins, or wall busting through the game