Accidentally Deleted Hombrew Channel

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Minipuft, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Minipuft
    OP

Minipuft Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2014
    United States
    So like a month ago i deleted hombrew channel when my Wii U wouldn't connect to the internet thinking it would fix the problem. Afterwards that didn't work and I tried to restore it but i couldn't. So now i'm stuck with a Wii U that wont connect to the Wi-Fi so I can't play new games. I also tried to use the Bathaxx exploit and Smash exploit but i get en error that there is no vulnerable IOS installed on the Wii. Is their anyway to fix this?

Edit: I didn't Accidentally delete it

2. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    How did you 'accidentally' delete it? And what error do you get when you connect to the net?

3. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    Was your internets modem turned on?

Deboog likes this.
  4. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    A few things need to be explained. How did you accidentally delete it? How did you install it the first time? If any, what cIOS's have you installed?

5. Minipuft
    OP

Minipuft Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2014
    United States
    So i didn't accidentally delete it I deleted thinking it would fix the problem. And I dont get an error when i try to connect to the net i get en error when i try to update my wii u. (I need to update my Wii U since I cant use the internet without it)

Lol yes it is

I didn't accidentally delete it I deleted it thinking it would fix the problem. And i used the Smash bros exploit the first time. Now it wont even load Smash Bros so i tried Bathaxx and it says no vulnerable cIOS available. I only used Trucha Bug Restorer.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You didn't block Wii U updates in the router and forget about it did you? :P
    Or maybe someone else in your household did.

7. Minipuft
    OP

Minipuft Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2014
    United States
    No nobody did, but thank you for your time

8. m33ts4k0z

m33ts4k0z Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2014

Try to remove the custom IOSes first before trying to reinstall the homebrew channel. I assume you uninstall it using the uninstall option through the same exploit you installed it from right?

As a last resort try to completely format your Wii U by going to settings and choosing the last option in the menu. You can still copy your saves into your SD card.

9. Minipuft
    OP

Minipuft Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2014
    United States
    1.How can I remove the custom IOSes

2. I didn't uninstall it using the same exploit. I uninstalled it like you would any other channel

3. I already formatted my Wii U

10. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    Did you try formatting both vWii and Wii U? I'm not sure if the Wii U format would take care of all vWii space or not.

11. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    You don't need to connect to wifi to play new games.

12. Minipuft
    OP

Minipuft Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2014
    United States
    You do since it asks you to update

Their is no way to just format the vWii (That I know of)

13. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    this might not help for homebrew chanel but in internet settings if you set preferred network to something not connected to a network it lets you play games needing updates aslong as you cancel setting connection when the game loads (might ask twice)

about the homebrew channel, you can try using one of the exploits to launch multi mod manager (mmm) by replacing the bootmii boot.dol in the private folder whith the (mmm) boot.dol and from there run a syscheck

14. Minipuft
    OP

Minipuft Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2014
    United States
    Alright thank you, i'll try this when i leave school. I feel like this ones the one that is going to work :)

15. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    any luck?

16. m33ts4k0z

m33ts4k0z Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2014
    Choose the last option under Wii U settings. The further one to the right. It says about restore or something. That is like formating. This will hopefully also fix the vWii issues

17. Minipuft
    OP

Minipuft Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2014
    United States
    I'm sorry I haven't been able to do it. Ill post it asap. Will you still be able to help me then? (Reason is I need to get my Lego Batman copy back)

18. Katana1074

Katana1074 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2009
    Ive just accidently deleted my homebrew channel too,i just reused the bathaxx exploit to reinstall the homebrew channel,worked no probs....

19. Minipuft
    OP

Minipuft Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2014
    United States
    It worked because you didnt install Custom IOS

20. markmcrobie

markmcrobie GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    I deleted my Hombrew channel too, and no Hackmii installer won't work when trying the Bathaxx method (and I never installed any cIOS)