Gaming Accidentally 5.50'd my PSP-1000.

mainframe004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I'll admit it. I kinda rushed trying to install 5.50 GEN-D3, and selected "Flash 5.50 OFW" instead of installing the CFW itself. I assumed that I had to have the OFW before installing the CFW. Of course, as you probably all know, I was dead wrong.

Now, to ask: is having a Pandora battery and a Magic Memory Stick the absolute only way to downgrade my PSP?

If the answer is yes, then here's another question: does using a Pandora battery mean that it will go into service mode every time I turn the PSP on? Because I only have one battery to work with.

If the answer is no, then please elaborate.

Thank you to all who answer.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
This is why people should read.
mainframe004 said:
Now, to ask: is having a Pandora battery and a Magic Memory Stick the absolute only way to downgrade my PSP? yes

If the answer is yes, then here's another question: does using a Pandora battery mean that it will go into service mode every time I turn the PSP on? Because I only have one battery to work with. yes and no

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Just fork out for a Pandora battery (unless you have a friend who has a CFW'd PSP). Hardmodding a battery isn't worth it, especially if you cocked up installing a firmware in the first place.

mainframe004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Just fork out for a Pandora battery (unless you have a friend who has a CFW'd PSP). Hardmodding a battery isn't worth it, especially if you cocked up installing a firmware in the first place.

I've got a friend on a Phat with 5.50 GEN-B (Full). Will that do?

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mainframe004 said:
xist said:

I've got a friend on a Phat with 5.50 GEN-B (Full). Will that do?

Yeah, that's good enough. First download this PSPTool v1.0.Extract it to your GAME folder (X/PSP/GAME/PSPTool).
Put your battery in your friend's PSP (and your mem. stick with the PSPTool inside it). Run PSPTool. On the battery option menu, select 'Convert to Service Mode Battery'. You also can 'Create Magic Memory Stick' with this tool. Just make sure you put 500.PBP on the root of your mem. stick.You can get it here 500.PBP. I recommend this PSPTool because it is very simple and self explanatory when you get in the menu.

mainframe004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, thanks! That really helps.
biggrin.gif

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
After you manage to install CFW on your PSP, don't forget to convert your battery back to NORMAL BATTERY. You can now use your own PSP for this purposes thru the PSPTool again. Let me know your progress. Glad if this help you...
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k