ACCF questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by grnorris, Aug 9, 2011.

Aug 9, 2011

ACCF questions by grnorris at 7:17 AM (512 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. grnorris
    OP

Newcomer grnorris Advanced Member

United States
    I realize some of this might be answered elsewhere but I've not seen it so I'll ask here. I recently got Animal Crossing City Folk for the Wii (this one I've yet to hack and it does read disk unlike my old Wii which I still need a new EHDD to get running) and I've got a couple questions:
    1.) Could I replace ACCF's IOS with another IOS to get it to support SDHC and if so what IOS do I need (I don't want to break any compatibility).
    2.) Would it be safe to transfer ACCF save data to another Wii or would that cause issues with WFC. I realized when I got my friend code it said it was checking my Serial Information (which is of course unique to each Wii) so I want to make sure if I do ever transfer it that I won't run into problems with WFC or Nintendo in any way.

In case your wondering and don't know me yet I have two Wii's: My old Wii lost it's ability to read disc due to an incident with DVDx (I know that seems ancient now). My mother actually bought a new (Used) Wii and being paranoid that I'd break it with hacking (even though it's practically impossible now) she prohibited me from hacking it. The Disc drive in that Wii actually went out naturally and I was left without a lot of my data. Fortunately the Wii was under warranty with gamestop so I got another Wii, this time it has a 30 day warranty and so I don't have issues again I plan on doing some minimal hacks to it (bootmii and a save game extractor). My old Wii is set up to use Uneek+DI but the EHDD I was using is busted and I don't have a job to replace it (I can't even seem to get a job at a fricken McDonalds). Eventually I hope to get my old Wii up and running again with Uneek+DI and when I do I'd like to transfer my Animal Crossing Data over to it (I got the game when I got the newer Wii replaced so it's actually stored to the new Wii). Perhaps before that though I can safely get SDHC support to the new Wii).

2. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Perhaps the manager saw that you were too worried about your wii instead of making customers happy. [​IMG]

3. grnorris
    OP

Newcomer grnorris Advanced Member

United States
    I was thinking if SD cards were completely managed by the IOS and the game just made a call to something within it then I could use an identical but updated IOS (I know many IOS's are just copies of each other and I heard of a similar procedure being used to make the Disc light light up when you remove the disc in Twilight Princess which uses (I believe) the ancient IOS9).

If I just have to get a new Friend Code that's really no biggie, though the exact procedure would be nice.

I think the problem is that I have no real work history and there's both a lot of teenagers just starting to look for a job as well as a lot of more experienced people who just can't get a job in their field due to the bad economy (I live in Ohio, yes I realize you were being funny).