Accessing the SD-Card via Wlan?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Within, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Within
    OP

Within Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2008
    Australia
    Hey Guys,

ive got a DSi with the Acekard2i and everything works fine, even going online via wlan. After i updated my OS to Win7 i cant access my micro SD Card on my anymore (but it still works fine with the DS), so i wondered if theres a way to access the SD Card directly from my pc through the DS/Acekard? Would save alot of trouble and time.
    Thanks in advance.

2. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    You can use DSFTP, but obviously you'll need to put the MicroSD card into a PC to get DSFTP onto it.

3. Smiths

Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

Feb 24, 2003
    United States
    The land of Dairy Queen
    how did windows 7 break your microSd card reading?

got a different reader?

4. SparkFenix

SparkFenix GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2010
    Get your reader's driver, assuming you have a laptop

5. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    There is a way to do this but the preferred way is to check your card reader's driver and just update whatever you need manually.

I was stuck in this situation when my MicroSD just would not be read by my computer. The only homebrew I had was DSOrganize at the time. I fired up the DSO homebrew DB and downloaded the unarchiver tool homebrew (I don't know the exact name) . Then I fired up the web browser and went to the DSFTP site and downloaded the ZIP file and unarchived it using the homebrew. Then using DSO I edited the config file for DSFTP and set up an FTP server and transferred all my saves and reformatted my MicroSD and then I reinstalled AKAIO and I was stable [​IMG] If you'd like step by step instructions I can give you those if you are stuck in this situation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice