Accessing the Evo's In-Game Menu

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Arm Commander, Jan 15, 2009.

Jan 15, 2009
  1. Arm Commander
    OP

Newcomer Arm Commander Newbie

United States
    Is there any way to change the shortcut buttons for accessing the CycloDS Evolution's in-game menu? Pressing L+R+A+B+X+Y all at once is rather cumbersome, and I would like to change it to L+R+A, or Select+X, or something similarly easy.

I've looked around and haven't seen an answer to this question, but I apologize if it has already been addressed.

In summary: Is L+R+A+B+X+Y the only way to access the enhanced menu in a game?

2. Priss

Member Priss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yes it is.
    You could always make a suggestion to TC in regards to changing the combination or giving a custom option to it.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    It is the best way. Any other button combinations could possibly conflict with something in-game, and we wouldn't want that happening.

4. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Have been suggested at the Team Cyclops forum before though they don't seem to be planning to implement it. Would be useful for problematic games like N+.

5. Arm Commander
    OP

United States
    Ha ha, N+ is where I got the idea. I'd like to tweak the slow-down settings or Real-Time Save halfway through a stage, but more often than not I die while trying to access the menu. Also, in other games and applications it can be tedious to press all those buttons at once.

6. xxRAG3

Member xxRAG3 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    lul@your comment. The problem (i wanted to see if you can do this too) with ABXYLR is that i always f*ck something up when i press all of the button. I go back a meanu, I quit etc

7. Arm Commander
    OP

United States
    Ah. Registrations are apparently closed for their forums at the moment, but I would like the opportunity to suggest that to them.