Hacking Accessing Copy/Move/Delete Data after hack?

Empyrean

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have hacked my console with CBHC. I want to delete a couple of useless apps from my console. However, when I go to Copy/Move/Delete Data in System Settings, it just hangs on the "Preparing..." screen and I need to do a hard reset to fix it. Is there a way to keep this from happening? Or another option to delete data?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it's indexed in memory management, so it can take minutes in some cases. the save icon and game icon are separate btw I'm pretty sure, so it just takes that much longer to load everything. then, it will take some time to load more content once you shift over a few columns. just let it sit for a few moments.

Empyrean

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a silly question but.... How long are you waiting? It is excruciatingly slow!

What apps exactly and where are they stored? Nand or usb?

Stored on the Nand. I'm trying to delete UPlay since it is useless and just taking up space. I have been waiting now for a half hour. Edit: should add that it is the internal nand.

I don't think it's indexed in memory management, so it can take minutes in some cases. the save icon and game icon are separate btw I'm pretty sure, so it just takes that much longer to load everything. then, it will take some time to load more content once you shift over a few columns. just let it sit for a few moments.

I've been waiting for a half hour at this point.

Last edited by Empyrean,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be the usb device holding it back. I think you can unplug it (while the system is off). it shouldn't mess with the sorting as long as you don't plug another usb device in from what I remember.

Empyrean

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be the usb device holding it back. I think you can unplug it (while the system is off). it shouldn't mess with the sorting as long as you don't plug another usb device in from what I remember.

Thanks. I'm downloading some stuff right now thanks to a recent hard drive change so I'll wait until it is is done to give it a shot.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible that could affect it, but I'm not sure really. I know that files go in a folder named "import" when they're being downloaded before installation. I don't know if the system includes those when going into data management.

Reactions: Empyrean

Empyrean

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I completed my downloads, but now the Wii U won't turn on without the USB device attached.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for the double post, but I fixed the issue! It had nothing to do with the hack, but there was data that was corrupted at the entry point of the internal memory. To fix the problem, I transferred a small file from my external drive to the internal nand, and that kickstarted it to let me view the internals.

Thanks for your help guys!

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's interesting. I've seen some instances where a corrupted install or download wouldn't uninstall/delete. in that event, it's suggested to start a new transfer, which for some reason works. maybe transferring over that content had the same effect. the system transfers content to a folder named import, so a new transfer or download may place the content that's corrupted in limbo.

Reactions: Empyrean

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night