Hacking Question Access to testpunch after testpunch is over?

MrPuls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please forgive me if this is a stupid question but i'd like to learn more about this type of thing, anyways, would it be possible to use a proxy server to mimic the confirmation that your console gets from the servers to allow you access to the game? Is it even confirmation based or is it entirely server based?

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The proxy would be the easy part. Simulating Nintendo's servers and their communications between a Switch with nothing to go on would be the challenge. Unless you can figure that out, or someone else, then no. A man-in-the-middle attack wouldn't work either as the communications would likley be using SSL (encrypted). The only approach is guess and check.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would probably be illegal to due to Nintendos new online.

And yes it is possible but no one would have anything to go off of for how their wireless communication works with the Nintendo Switch.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldn't work anyway because replicating the server isn't the only part, to get it to accept the new connection you'd need system hacks to disable any SSL verification there may be.

MrPuls

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info guys, was mainly hoping to learn more about how plausible it would be and i got what i wanted. Thanks!

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldn't work anyway because replicating the server isn't the only part, to get it to accept the new connection you'd need system hacks to disable any SSL verification there may be.
so technicaly it would be possible with the splattoon testfire on wii u if someone were willing to put in the work? although tbh anyone that desperate is more likely to just pirate the dam thing

Ibrokemy2DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was an exploit out there that let you play the training mode and shit, something about going to the home menu right before connection and changing proxy settings. gives you infinite connect loop. not sure if fixed tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated