Homebrew Access to Google Driver on 3DS

Daxxxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello
Is there any way to access Google Drive on 3DS? I would like to play movies from here. Is it possible? Since YouTube on 3DS does not work, I am looking for a solution. I have O3DS. I know that you can open YouTube through the browser on N3DS, but not in this case.
Thank you in advance for your responses.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello
Is there any way to access Google Drive on 3DS? I would like to play movies from here. Is it possible? Since YouTube on 3DS does not work, I am looking for a solution. I have O3DS. I know that you can open YouTube through the browser on N3DS, but not in this case.
Thank you in advance for your responses.
The most you can do is use the Youtube app, but I think even that doesn't work anymore... It's completely impossible to stream stuff from GDrive, at most you could perhaps download files but not play them.

Daxxxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, that's a pity.
I don't want to create another thread, so I will ask here. Is this what I described above possible on Wii U.
I care about this because I have several seasons of the series on GDrive. So maybe I can watch them on the TV. GDrive page does not work through the browser

jsa

Trophies
Website
muffinti.me
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that's a pity.
I don't want to create another thread, so I will ask here. Is this what I described above possible on Wii U.
I care about this because I have several seasons of the series on GDrive. So maybe I can watch them on the TV. GDrive page does not work through the browser
I think the Wii U browser can still play videos through the browser - give it a try and see if it works for you.

AustinC07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is possible if you have an sd card in the 3ds extract the videos or pitctures there and go to your phone or computer and insert the sd card on windows 10 or mac (with dongle) you can transfer sd to micro sd if wanted then upload to drive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by AustinC07,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unfortunately. Error 112-2646 pops up: Could not load video.
It's probably an unrecognized codec or container. I believe the Wii U will play the .mp4 container, but I'm unsure of what specific codecs it supports, and also, it probably does not support .mkv container as that is mainly only used for piracy. AC3 and DTS audio usually don't have built in support on devices, and require 3rd party applications, because there are licensing fees involved with including support in the OS or device.
If you use .mp4 container -> MPEG-4 AVC video (if Main Profile does not work try Baseline Profile) and AAC audio, it will probably work, that seems to be the most commonly supported format.
There are media servers you can run on a PC and access through a web browser on any device that will transcode video to a supported format for the device you are playing on automatically, that doesn't solve the problem of how to play videos from gdrive, but it's another option.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Daxxxis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are media servers you can run on a PC and access through a web browser on any device that will transcode video to a supported format for the device you are playing on automatically, that doesn't solve the problem of how to play videos from gdrive, but it's another option.
Could you give some examples?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good