access 2003 database

frankiebrooks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure this is a very common problem people have.

I'm using Access 2003 with front-end forms, 5 people log into the database most of the time and access the same table from the front-end forms. Now and again a record becomes corrupt and just shows "#error" or "#Delete" in all the fields and it can't be deleted. I first thought this could have been just a network error but it's happening to often. I then changed the layout of the table as it had a "memo" field which I have now taken out and put in its own table and this table now doesn’t' corrupt.

So I can only think it's down to the multi-users hammering the same table at the same time. Is there anything I can do to stop this, if it's to change the design of how everything works or anything else I can do to the database?

Thanks

antelopez

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try this sequence in order below or as an additional resources for restoring .mdb file see and learn following topics, and in case your corruption is severe, one more solution must assist you Access Repair Toolbox

The repair method attempts to recover only the tables, indexes and queries in the database. Do not attempt to repair damaged forms, reports, macros and modules. Before executing the Compact and Repair tool, please ensure the following condition:

1. Do not open Access database must closed
2. Sufficient storage space available - minimum double in size of your Access database on that Disk.
3. Close the .mdb file related to .ldb file before you delete the .ldb file.
4. Then Run the Compact and Repair tool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom