Gaming AC:CF Map Editor OUT NOW.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is the seghers save unpacker/packeger, uploaded by Arm The Homeless.
http://ratm.net63.net/segher-wii.git.tar.bz2

The app only works on Linux. AND believe it its really hard to use it, and with "hard" I mean HARD!

Segher(runs on linux) lets you unpack the *.bin. When you unpack it, the rvforest.dat is inside it with bunch of other files. Open the rvforest.dat with the ACToolkit on Windows OS.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ouch, I wish there was one for Windows
frown.gif

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Well once you figure out the thing once, its a easy go. But getting it to work the first time is a pain the neck..
Now I need to start the game all over again, cuz I messed up the map and dont have backup. But I can relax and do it nicely this time
laugh.gif

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll only work with backups if you have a modchip. If you use a backup launcher, no luck since you have to use the Savegame Extractor to get a decrypted save, and that app won't work on backups without a chip

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^

Oh shoot, yeah, didn't think of that...

I guess it's not possible...

EDIT:

Well,

If Virus adds that support for ".bin" files also, THEN it would be possible. Then you can just copy the save to your SD card.

But you would need to use GeckoOS and go under rebooter options, and say yes to, "Remove Copy Flag", since Nintendo made the save file protected.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Oh shoot, yeah, didn't think of that...

I guess it's not possible...

There's no tie between the game disc and save game besides the game ID. If someone got the source code for his save dumper, they could hard code the ID into it and it would work fine. Though someone should actually make a decent app which lets you pick an ID from a menu, not have you keep inserting discs.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
AetherMaster said:
It'll only work with backups if you have a modchip. If you use a backup launcher, no luck since you have to use the Savegame Extractor to get a decrypted save, and that app won't work on backups without a chip
WRONG you can use the Homebrew DVD booter to boot homebrew apps from a DVD!

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quincy_xD said:
AetherMaster said:
WRONG you can use the Homebrew DVD booter to boot homebrew apps from a DVD!
You seem to have crashed your train of thought.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I own a legitimate version of this game, am I understanding that with my non-chipped Wii we'll have to wait till a BIN version is available for Windows?

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
Ok, I own a legitimate version of this game, am I understanding that with my non-chipped Wii we'll have to wait till a BIN version is available for Windows?
No, you can use the Save Extractor. It's people with backups and non-chipped Wiis that can't get the decrypted save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)