Hacking abtt password?

kgb420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what would be the right board??? I would alos like to klnow what the password is
blink.gif

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
the last i heard it has something to do with the release/file name

some variation of it (possibly including the name of the group that
released the game)

SHREDMAN

kgb420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
katsuce said:
wait, now when I pay to download using newsgroups, I'll have to guess a password? what's the point, if I've already paid?

It's just that one group. They put "abtt" in all their uploads

so its just the one groups? and the password is "abtt"?

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kgb420 said:
Bob Loblaw said:
katsuce said:
wait, now when I pay to download using newsgroups, I'll have to guess a password? what's the point, if I've already paid?

It's just that one group. They put "abtt" in all their uploads

so its just the one groups? and the password is "abtt"?

No, no. Sorry I worded it strangely.

In alt.binaries.the-terminal

There is a group that uploads stuff. You will know it's them because they put abtt in the release name. And all of the releases they upload are passworded. I don't know the password. Not sure anyone does.

I have another question regarding ABTT..a lot of release there lately haven't been decoded? Anyone know what's up with that?

examples:

http://binsearch.info/?q=zry-oa&max=25...e=7&server=

obscure for wii.. 18mb...

http://binsearch.info/?q=imars&max=25&...e=7&server=

dark sector for 360 the terminal one is 17mb

the files haven't been decoded it seems

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The small releases are fake. Just stay away from that group for now , there is some sort of war going on between that group and other users. ABTT starting putting passwords on their releases (don't know why , something to do with people putting nfos on the group or something) , so people have started retaliating by posting fake releases to screw up the group.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You shouldn't just download
Always download NZB Files from boards with reviewed downloads
Like www.binaries4all.com
These are people who have posted or have downloaded posts if the post is ok, they will make a topic

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Get it from elsewhere then. Be quicker to grab it from another group rather than hunt around for the password. Just avoid anything from that group for now as most of it will either be passworded or fake.

anyone123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This password stuff is ridiculous though. I know that they are getting spammed, etc etc but really now, what is this solving besides turning off the quiet users as well. I know they are doing everyone a favor by posting in the first place and i appreciate that but at least give some sort of hoops to jump through in order to get the passes.
i have a feeling it is something with the file name as well but i truly have tried every variation i could think of and am locked out of mine as well, my fault for not checking peer reviewed posts but i guess i assumed at the very least there would be a way other than cryptography to get the pass.
learned my lesson. if anyone does find out the "secret" would love to hear about it too but to others be warned it truly is not worth the trouble find it somewhere else.
Although at first i felt bad for them i have to admit that after all this crap with the pws i don't like them much either anymore.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I know the spamming came after the passwords. The abbt posters starting putting passwords on their posts (not exactly sure why ,but it was a response to something else) , then other posters respond to that by putting the fake releases , which puts the group in the mess it is in now. If you find the password and post it here , then the pass will change again.

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could always try a password program that blasts away at the file until it gets it. Could take a while. Best just to try another group. a.b.t.t. has always been full of swines that don't label correctly making searching outside of their elite channel nigh on impossible anyway.

This old skool dude remembers the old days when anyone could have anything and the emphasis was on getting the release spread as far as possible quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did