Hacking Question About .xci... (i'm dumb?)

Stallion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi! i'm new here.
I buyed my switch hacked a few days ago with SX OS.
I'm using .xci games.
This is what I do:
-Transfer the .xci game to the SD.
-Open gallery, wich it's the SX OS menu.
-Go to INSTALLER and install the .xci in my SD,

I JUST REALISED that I can open .xci games from the SX OS menu without having to install them, it sucks that you need to open that meny everytime you want to change games but... it is the correct way, right?

Installing the .xci and keeping it on the SD takes double the space right? i'm wasting precius storage right? i'm dumb right???... or maybe it does not take double the espace? If I install the .xci do I need to keep the files or can I delete them like a .nsp?

Another question, I installed, for example, SSBU this way, and now I want to delete it and use it from the SX OS menu (the way it should be), will my game and/or savedata be damaged?

Help, I have no idea what i'm doing!

PD: sorry for my bad English, I speak Spanish.

UPDATE:
I'm triying things with Super Mario Party since it's a small game (3gb).
-I installed the .xci of the game, my free space went from 7gb to 4gb.
-I deleted the game, the space went to 7gb again.
-Started the game from the .xci file in the sxos (album) menu, section GAMES.
-The game works perfect.
-I close the game and check on my storage, it stills says 7gb, SMP size is 26.5mb instead of 3gb.

Last edited by Stallion,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you installed an xci you basically just converted it on the fly and installed an nsp. I don't really know much about sxos though. I'd look into emunand if I were you though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh you bought it prehacked. well that really depends on the state of your system. is it banned? did the seller tell you anything about the system? can we see your sd root?

Stallion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If you installed an xci you basically just converted it on the fly and installed an nsp. I don't really know much about sxos though. I'd look into emunand if I were you though

oh you bought it prehacked. well that really depends on the state of your system. is it banned? did the seller tell you anything about the system? can we see your sd root?

idk if the system is banned, the other day I tried to link my Nintendo account to my user and a message appeared saying something about "Nintendo restricted some actions in this system", if that's a ban I don't really care, as long as the console works I'm happy

the seller told me that I had to download .xci games, transfer them to the SD and then install them without deleting the file, but maybe he was wrong, he was just a normal user like me because the console is second-hand, he was the original owner, he also told me he buyed the SXOS license and began to install games, nothing more

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! i'm new here.
I buyed my switch hacked a few days ago with SX OS.
I'm using .xci games.
This is what I do:
-Transfer the .xci game to the SD.
-Open gallery, wich it's the SX OS menu.
-Go to INSTALLER and install the .xci in my SD,

I JUST REALISED that I can open .xci games from the SX OS menu without having to install them, it sucks that you need to open that meny everytime you want to change games but... it is the correct way, right?

Installing the .xci and keeping it on the SD takes double the space right? i'm wasting precius storage right? i'm dumb right???... or maybe it does not take double the espace? If I install the .xci do I need to keep the files or can I delete them like a .nsp?

Another question, I installed, for example, SSBU this way, and now I want to delete it and use it from the SX OS menu (the way it should be), will my game and/or savedata be damaged?

Help, I have no idea what i'm doing!

PD: sorry for my bad English, I speak Spanish.

You need to put the XCI into this directory :

SDCARD:SXOS/XCI/ "paste your files here".

you don't need to run it from the sx installer , once you open the album it will show up there.

Are you sure it's an XCI tho and not NSP ? sxinstaller wouldn't try to install if it wasn't an NSP file.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if the system is banned, the other day I tried to link my Nintendo account to my user and a message appeared saying something about "Nintendo restricted some actions in this system", if that's a ban I don't really care, as long as the console works I'm happy

the seller told me that I had to download .xci games, transfer them to the SD and then install them without deleting the file, but maybe he was wrong, he was just a normal user like me because the console is second-hand, he was the original owner, he also told me he buyed the SXOS license and began to install games, nothing more
tbh it sounds like he bought it early on in the hacking scene and just said fuck it and played games. Resulting in a ban. At this point you should just install nsps to you sd card then delete the nsps (or keep them backed up somewhere else)
once you assure you're banned. I'd also switch to atmosphere and add signature patches or use reinx

Stallion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You need to put the XCI into this directory :

SDCARD:SXOS/XCI/ "paste your files here".

you don't need to run it from the sx installer , once you open the album it will show up there.

Are you sure it's an XCI tho and not NSP ? sxinstaller wouldn't try to install if it wasn't an NSP file.
I place the .xci files in the SD root and they work.

They do appear in the album, section GAMES, but also in the section INSTALLER.

100% sure dude, .xci files, I downloaded them on my pc, but sxinstaller didn't told me not to install them, i tried to install a game and it worked, so I thought that was the way to use the hack, and I did the same with every other game.

Last edited by Stallion,

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually I just found out a few weeks ago that installing them is the better way !

Install the XCI and after installing DELETE ! the XCI as you wouldn't need it anymore.
I tried this with a game I still had on my PC as I wasn't sure either if deleting is good or bad but as it is installed it still works plus SX would be stupid to ask you if you want to delete the file after installing if you would still need it ;)

I saved up lots of space trough installing and deleting the xci afterwards

Stallion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
IMPORTANT COMMENT:
I'm triying things with Super Mario Party since it's a small game (3gb).
-I installed the .xci of the game, my free space went from 7gb to 4gb.
-I deleted the game, the space went to 7gb again.
-Started the game from the .xci file in the sxos (album) menu, section GAMES.
-The game works perfect.
-I close the game and check on my storage, it stills says 7gb, SMP size is 26.5mb instead of 3gb.

Actually I just found out a few weeks ago that installing them is the better way !

Install the XCI and after installing DELETE ! the XCI as you wouldn't need it anymore.
I tried this with a game I still had on my PC as I wasn't sure either if deleting is good or bad but as it is installed it still works plus SX would be stupid to ask you if you want to delete the file after installing if you would still need it ;)

I saved up lots of space trough installing and deleting the xci afterwards
I see, and why do you think installing them and then deleting the files is the best way to do it? like if they where .nsp.
I ask because install the file and then deleting = don't install anything and just open the .xci, right?

Last edited by Stallion,

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I said, it saves lots of space and you don't need to switch back and forth all the time ...
I guess some games are compressed stronger then others and as far as I know you can get trimmed XCI already so if they are trimmed you probably won't save as much space with installing then with normal xci

didn't notice any difference in loading times

Last edited by Youkai,

themosteve

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If u want size XCI same size like that NSP or installed game
Convert using NSC_Builder that big size XCI to NSP and convert again to XCI
It will be same size with that NSP
Or simpler way just download NSP and convert it to XCI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtube.com/shorts/zaubG06FZ1Q?si=sHbKxlndEs1l_swO