About transferring files between SD cards

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ETM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ETM
    OP

ETM Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2016
    Norway
    Hello, I am in the middle of installing arm9loaderhax on my Old 3DS using this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

On part 4 of the guide I ran into some troubles when I went to backup my NAND using OTPHelper. The problem is that there isn't enough space on my SD card.

Now at first I thought I could just transfer the files over to another SD card and continue on, but before I did so I realized that the sysNAND is (according to the guide) stored on the current SD card. I can't really find the folder, or I don't know which it is alas I can't move it over to the other card. The guide also specifies that without a sysNAND, my 3DS will brick (obviously)

What I'm asking is if transfering the files will brick my system or not. Or if there are some files on the SD card I can temporarily delete, I have to free up about 40 MB. I'm really uncertain of what to do, so a little help would be much appreciated.

2. ETM
    OP

ETM Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2016
    Norway
    Ok no need to reply to this thread anyomore. I sent an email to the creator of the guide. Appearantly temporarily deleting the "Nintendo 3DS" folder won't hurt your system and allows you to free up a lot of space.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice