About to pick up Bravely Default

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Z0MB1E, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Z0MB1E
    OP

Z0MB1E Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    Afghanistan
    Anything i should know? Also should i play the demo at all? I purchased animal crossing for pokemon y and im just not feeling it so i think ima trade it in any reason i should not (i have upgraded got island no gold items or silver no badges just kinda feel like its more of a chore then a game.)

2. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    do you love true JRPG ?
    then,its for you
    do you love hear an super epic OST ?
    then this is definitely for you

3. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    I (finally) just finished it with the good ending today, after intentionally getting the bad ending a month ago and then having a break from the game to play other stuff. It's a great traditional JRPG and I particularly liked the soundtrack, finding the hobbyist drummer in me subconsciously tapping along to most of the battle and dungeon music. There's plenty of content but the latter part of the game (chapters 5-8) can be a little bit repetitive and tedious. It's difficult to say much without giving the story away, but in spite of that I enjoyed the game anyway so I do recommend it.

4. Z0MB1E
    OP

Z0MB1E Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    Afghanistan
    Well i ended up trading in new leaf, i was kinda bummed for a minute i do not like the idea of trading in games but i did get pokemon for free so that kept me going. It was a busy day so i had lots of runing around to do and didnt make it home till late and when i did i passed out, i awoke for a drink late in the am and it was on. This game is beautiful the fighting is awesome much faster then a normal turn based rpg fight style. I have no regrets now i am actually way relieved i dont have this huge bell loan to pay back and can just watch pretty cut scenes.

5. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it's a great game until you get to chapter 5 than well the game is pretty much the same after that...

6. TheCasketMan

TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Orlando, FL
    I did not enjoy the game because of the job and brave/default system. Yes I said it.

7. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Does anyone know how the different difficulty modes work? I tried the demo and played on the middle setting, and was thinking about getting the final game. But I would like to know if the harder mode does anything besides make experience, gold, etc. gains much slower than other modes, or if they artificially inflate damage against the player/deflate damage towards enemies.

8. nexuspunk

nexuspunk the mysterious one.

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    team plasma castle.
    i am thinking about picking up this game myself, here in the next few months once i get the good chunk of change for it. i like the idea of the game, and having played final fantasy 3 the job system really wont be a problem. it just adds a new way to progress through the game, but i was wondering if the final product really is worth picking up. if someone could post thoughts and what not, that would be a big help.

9. Z0MB1E
    OP

Z0MB1E Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    Afghanistan

I just hit chapter 2 and have been letting it rebuild my village alot so i probable wont have any info on that for awhile, i cant imagine it changing the story or anything my guess would be smarter AI (using brave and default) stronger AI.
    So i never really got into FF or any RPG's (besides zelda) i owned some didnt finish them not sure why i did have alot of interest in the games and they were great looking. I guess id get bored doing the turned based fighting and i didnt really enjoy it untill playing advanced wars years ago. Now with that said in this game it is awesome you start with 0 BP (brave points) defaulting will stack them up and you gain a defense boost for defaulting. Zero counts as a BP also so you wont lose a turn untill you hit -1, so it really speeds the game up. I can get the jump on random creatures use a spell have my healer default incase i need to use heals or cure posions what not and then finish them by braving 3 or 4 times with my stronger fighter. Next fight i will start with 0 BP and not -3 or -4 so it really helps, if you have stacked BP i belive they carry over.

I could see some one thinking this takes away from the game making it almost to easy, but just as easy as braving can make a fight it can screw you. If you think a boss is going to drop and go all out and he lives you end up sitting around not being able to heal or anything and just kinda die. Im also pretty fresh into the game so im sure it will get more difficult further on.

To me the best part is the art work hands down i was sold not even on the actual content but the hand drawn backgrounds and awesome charactors, the game is amazing i love it. It really has a beautiful style all to its own and i wish i would have gotten the limited edition for the book. But like i said im not a normal turned based RPG player but i think i maybe now, if you have played tons of other RPGs i can see there being weird issues with the game for you but to me hands down its the best game of its type i have played normally id have put a FF down by now.

10. Neo Draven

Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

May 3, 2010
    United States
    Yes, you definitely should play the demo. You can abuse the Norende villager glitch and start off with twenty villagers in Norende, which, trust me, makes the game MUCH easier and more fun.

11. nexuspunk

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    team plasma castle.
    hm my friend will probably let me borrow it tomorrow when i go over to her place, i will give my thoughts on it after a few days.

12. Z0MB1E
    OP

Z0MB1E Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2014
    Afghanistan
    Games awesome keeps getting better, farming kicks ass with the boost system. I need friend codes!

13. nexuspunk

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    team plasma castle.
    alright i just picked up my copy of bravery default, and the game is gorgeous even without the 3d on. the battle system is smooth, and very easy to get used to. and i gotta admit, being able to call on a friend to help you in battles makes it all the more sweeter.