Gaming About the recent tidal wave of awesome 360 games....

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So out of all these great games recently....

I have been playing....

Fallout 3 - still playing
Gears 2 - Finished on normal/still got loads of achivements to do
Left4Dead - Played all 4 scenarios & tonnes of multiplayer - again, loads left to do
Dead Space - About half way through

Games I've not played/burned yet....

Saints Row 2 - I've playe the opening level. That is all
Fable 2 - not burned it yet
Call Of Duty 5 - Not burned yet
Prince Of Persia - not burned
Guitar Hero WT - Not burned yet - I only have the old explorer guitar but I think I'll play it for the tool tracks....

Games To look forward to next year.....
Dead island - looks awesome
and.....???

Whts everyone else been playing? Whats everyone looking forward to??>? What was everyones favorite>???

I'm just trying to start a good, lively discussion thread in the 360 section of these forums. Most threads are questions about DVD rom hacKing which get answered in a couple of replys and wheres the fun in that I ask?
toot.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My friends 360 was banned and I am yet to fix mine from rrod. Co-op games are what we are mainly after these days (actually since I first started playing games).

Still

Call of Duty 5. I so wanted co-op to be good but even with a big screen it did not do it for me. Will have to try system link. What little I played of single player I enjoyed.

Mirrors Edge. Combat annoyed me and having come from assassins creed it felt like a backwards step to have almost pixel accurate type gameplay return.

Gears 2. I have yet to complete the first and missed out on the start of this (I started at the boat ride section) but this one was OK.

Fable 2. Burned it, I have not played it but my friend did.

Fallout 3. Played it on the PC. The original STALKER did desolate radioactive wasteland better. Then again I have probably seen more of Pripyat than I have of Washington DC.
It may have something to do with the fact I have no strength but can still carry around enough weapons to not have to worry about ammo (stalker had weapons available but trying to carry more than 3 and sufficient ammo was nigh on impossible)

Prince Of Persia - saw it yesterday. I still have to complete the last trilogy (and if I feel masochistic I will track down the original prince of persia 3d, I only ever played a demo).

Left4Dead - Got it for the PC, not looked at it yet.

Saints Row 2 - Not played.

Far Cry 2- Got it for the PC, not installed it yet.

Dead Space - Saw it, could not be bothered to get it.

The Last Remnant- Saw it, not done anything about it.

Tales of Vesperia- Saw it, not done anything about it.

Golden Axe: Beast Rider- I am told if you ignore the golden axe part then it is not bad. I have yet to find out for myself though.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts- I quite liked the first N64 game but aside from a spell on the GBA version I have not played another yet. The nod to the incredible machine makes me ever more curious.

Pure- The MX vs ATV line is to this day the biggest timesink for us on the original xbox. Got it for the PC, not installed it yet though.

I know there are probably many others I am missing. I suppose the thing is I still have games from when I did not have an especially games capable machine *glares at laptop* and now we have a good enough set of PCs, a good enough network and a good enough broadband line I tend to go for fun rather than something new (kind of the opposite to how I do TV and film).

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I need to play more Gears 2, its easy but awesome. Call of Duty is great and I couldnt put Mirrors Edge down until I completed it!
yaypsp.gif

(yeah I know the last two are multi platform)

Prime said:
ugh thanks a lot for making this topic

you just made me notice how many good games I'm missing out on
sleep.gif

Sup Prime, what does that mean? You got RROD or something?
frown.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
I need to play more Gears 2, its easy but awesome. Call of Duty is great and I couldnt put Mirrors Edge down until I completed it!
yaypsp.gif

(yeah I know the last two are multi platform)

Prime said:
ugh thanks a lot for making this topic

you just made me notice how many good games I'm missing out on
sleep.gif

Sup Prime, what does that mean? You got RROD or something?
frown.gif

No, No..Just not enough time to play them
tongue.gif

No RROD....yet

hom3land

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played:
left 4 dead - awesome game!
Gears of War 2 - Fun story line, horde mode was a blast

Just got
Mirrors edge - it seems fun so far though the game is only 6-7 hours long! Luckily I bought it used at gamestop so I can return it in 7 days and get my money back!!

Want to get:
Fable 2
Tales of Vesperia
Call of Duty" World at War

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I've only just gotten my 360 and I feel overwhelmed to try out all these games but due to the lack of time recently, all I've been playing is one or two matches of online halo 3...

I'm looking forward to the new PoP the most. I want to see how far they went from the SoT trilogy and how bad of a mistake that was.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Playing

Fallout 3 - started on 360, replaced with superior PC version.
Left4Dead - Only got the expert on all scenarios achievement, no vomit (which I've done about 20 fucking times without it unlocking) and the no damage from special infected achievements left to do.
Banjo Nuts & Bolts - Not very far in, mainly been playing it while waiting for mates to get their shit together for L4D.

Games I've not been playing but have

Saints Row 2
Fable 2
Call Of Duty 5
Prince Of Persia
Gears 1 / 2 (never finished first so have yet to move onto seconds)
Mirror's Edge
Infinite Undiscovery
Dead Space
Dead Rising
Viva Pinata - Trouble in paradise
MK vs. DC Universe
Naruto: Broken Bond
Sonic Unleashed
Assassin's Creed
etc. etc.

I need to make more time for games, I have plenty of time to download them because I can do my Uni work while downloading but I can't while playing.
tongue.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I have 24 games from the last 2 months (everything except sports games) or so, and have mainly been playing Fallout 3 and The Last Remnant.
I have finished Gears 2, Mirror's Edge, COD5, Left 4 Dead (boring in single player) and Dead Space.

Next year, so far all I'm really looking forward to is DarkSiders: The Wrath of War, The Wheelman, Rise of the Argonauts, Bionic Commando, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment I'm playing the new pop. Played for about 2 hours so far , it's fun , but getting the light seeds could end up getting a bit tedious.

Played and finished before that , Spiderman web of shadows , gears of war 2 , mirrors edge , dead space and tomb raider underworld.

Also always playing GH2 , GH3 , GH:WT , Rockband and Rockband 2.

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm playing Fallout 3 but so far it been pretty meh to me. I'm not very far in at all but the graphics are pretty mediocre, imho. I'm going to give it another week though. It's all about the gameplay - amiright?
/dodges rocks thrown

Mirror's Edge is pretty neat - gorgeous graphics and I like that the gameplay is somewhat different. This game is like Sonic as a FPS (without the shooting).

It's old but I just finished the Orange Box for the umpteenth time again. I can hardly wait to see HL2 Episode 3.

23qwerty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, that's the only reason I would want a 360; free games. I'm good with paying for superior games for my PS3 though
tongue.gif
oh and no RRoD.

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! loads of replies! THanksguys.
yaynds.gif

I started COD:waw last night, its quite good very similar to COD2/3

Also had a quick go on GHWT - just for the tool songs really. Fricken love that there's a tool/alex grey art inspred level!

Gonna get new disc at lunch n burn POP tonight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...