About the Micro SD for gateway...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sinx4lyfe, May 14, 2014.

1. sinx4lyfe
    OP

sinx4lyfe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Hi, im wondering how easy is it to switch back and forth with micro sd cards while trying play multiple roms from different micro sd cards?

I ask because i found a good deal on 2x 32gb micro sd cards... for 13$ cheaper than buying a 64gb alone.

Since i don't have a gateway yet but very eager to get a micro sd card before it arrives can you explain the process of it?

If i have to reset my 3ds or go into alot of settings just to switch micro sd card to access new sets of games on another sd card then i will just buy the 64gb thanks.

2. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    I didn't try exchanging the microSD while keeping the gateway card on slot yet, but all you have to do is properly exit the game that you were playing (if any) so the save of the game will be written on 3DS SD Card, eject the gateway card and then change the microSD.
    Put the gateway back into the slot, press select to choose again a ROM to be loaded, simple as that.
    Sometimes the gateway will take longer to build the ROM list, but it's only a matter of waiting a few seconds (10s was the record with me).

sinx4lyfe likes this.
  3. sinx4lyfe
    OP

sinx4lyfe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I think ima just go with the 64gb... If you think about it i do not want to pop in my gateway in n out all the time and switch memory cards because of it might break or something but thanks! its really hard for me to debate which to get still.