? about power switches from replacement shells

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Diosoth, May 10, 2010.

May 10, 2010
  1. Diosoth
    OP

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I used a pink power slider switch from a shell kit in my Lite case mod. Several times now I've had the thing get "stuck" by being pushed inwards. I think it was caused by the foam in the Psyclone case pushing in on the sides. Examining a pink and white slider to my OEM black slider I see the black has a tiny bump that the shell kit pieces lack. My only "fix" was to cut a tiny corner of thin plastic and glue it in place. If that doesn't work long-term I may have to switch to the black slider.

Has anyone else had such a problem with non-OEM slider switches?

2. Diosoth
    OP

United States
    Well, not only do the kit switches lack the tiny raised bump but they're also about 2mm shorter. Adding the bump helped some but it still felt like it was trying to push in when I slid up on the switch. I installed my OEM black slider switch, if I want a pink one I'll have to buy a broken pink unit or something.

3. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    You could just spray paint the OEM pink with a thin layer of paint... or buy a case with all the parts, this is what I found

4. Diosoth
    OP

United States
    Spraypaints are rarely durable enough for such usage. and that's pretty much the same brand of kit I'm talking about, the ones from DX

5. m9cus

Newcomer m9cus Member

United Kingdom
    i broke a power switch off one of my main boards because the board had this weird foamy stuff over the chips that prevented me from closing the box properly. i pressed too hard and then looked again and the switch had come off. i wonder if it is easy to desolder the switch from my broken board and solder to this one which works. the points look pretty small to me.

6. lakaiskateboarding

Member lakaiskateboarding GBAtemp Regular

It´s pretty easy, if your soldering iron has a small tip. And also, the DS Lite motherboard has holes in it, and the power switch bumps, which makes it easy to align it properly.