Hacking About Nintendo online future (pure speculation)

Absintu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Considering that in the future we will have many forms of having homebrew, if:

1 - U have your "payload" or CFW stored on SD
2 - Leave your EMMC intact
3 - Pay the online service and only go online on safe boot

There is no way Nintendo can ban u, right? My logic says no, but i wanna hear your opinions.

PS: Only though about this now, cause a heard a rumor that Fortnite could be launched for Switch and i would like to try it

D

Deleted-442439

The answer is we don't know, if you keep CFW offline, and don't pirate games + keep error reporting up and don't download from CDN etc. you can mitigate a ban, but not enough is known yet to give a acceptable answer at this point. There is always a risk, especially now when we are learning stuff, if you are concerned about a ban I would wait a few months to see how everything plays out.

Reactions: lukhart

Absintu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, i have airplane mode since i bought the last game. 4.0.1 FTW
I will wait for feedback first. It's not like we have a browser or something interesting to do online anyway

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw someone else mention this crazy idea so I thought I'd share it. Install EmuNAND to play legally acquired games for online purposes. Use SysNAND to play pirated games offline. Don't know how secure this method sounds, but it makes sense to me at least.

ThirdEyeCx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw someone else mention this crazy idea so I thought I'd share it. Install EmuNAND to play legally acquired games for online purposes. Use SysNAND to play pirated games offline. Don't know how secure this method sounds, but it makes sense to me at least.
Don't you have that backwards? Wouldn't it make sense to play legally bought games on sysNAND and game backups on emuNAND?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you have that backwards? Wouldn't it make sense to play legally bought games on sysNAND and game backups on emuNAND?
The point of EmuNAND is to keep the possibility of future exploits open by having a low SysNAND firmware. That's why it is updated to the latest firmware and can be the one that plays games online. SysNAND should not be updated until a holy grail exploit is discovered so it will be kept as low as possible meaning it cannot play any games online. However, it can play games offline and what better offline games to play than illegal copies?

ThirdEyeCx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point of EmuNAND is to keep the possibility of future exploits open by having a low SysNAND firmware. That's why it is updated to the latest firmware and can be the one that plays games online. SysNAND should not be updated until a holy grail exploit is discovered so it will be kept as low as possible meaning it cannot play any games online. However, it can play games offline and what better offline games to play than illegal copies?
Oh okay makes sense. Thank you.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country

But how do you plan to play backups on sysnand without modifying it and you still won't be able to update games or play games that need a higher firmware on the sysnand if it's not on highest fw

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how do you plan to play backups on sysnand without modifying it and you still won't be able to update games or play games that need a higher firmware on the sysnand if it's not on highest fw
Never said you won't modify SysNAND. Heck, SysNAND in this scenario is gonna be the only NAND we modify. EmuNAND will be modified through official firmware updates while SysNAND will be modified through tools provided by the hacking community but never go online. However, you do bring up a good point on updating games that will require higher firmwares. For the record, I'm not the one who came up with this suggestion. I'm merely relaying someone else's idea on the best way to enjoy whatever the hacking community has to offer without getting banned. Naturally, this idea has a couple of holes in it.

ssmatt

Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I imagine CFW will be Emunand, and run entirely as a new console off the SD, and it will be kept up to date to block/mask things. It will probably get banned by Nintendo on every update, but being Emunand it would just be a case of installing a new one and making a new account.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I imagine CFW will be Emunand, and run entirely as a new console off the SD, and it will be kept up to date to block/mask things. It will probably get banned by Nintendo on every update, but being Emunand it would just be a case of installing a new one and making a new account.
A ban on EmuNAND is tied to the console, not the emulated partition of NAND being run. EmuNAND and SysNAND are treated identically when it comes to bans as well.

D

DeletedMember411838

Ya lol, that ain't going to work.

Switches have a Burned In Certificate, that cannot be generated. Your emunand will have the same cert, when they ban your switch they ban your cert.

I also don't know how they are going to block calling home, your switch has to call home, to keep your Cert valid for online play. No logs, no cert, no cert, no online.

This isn't a 3DS, Nintendo has stepped their game up.

Reactions: Nollog

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that in the future we will have many forms of having homebrew, if:

1 - U have your "payload" or CFW stored on SD
2 - Leave your EMMC intact
3 - Pay the online service and only go online on safe boot

There is no way Nintendo can ban u, right? My logic says no, but i wanna hear your opinions.

PS: Only though about this now, cause a heard a rumor that Fortnite could be launched for Switch and i would like to try it
Your still probably gonna get banned.

Reactions: DeletedMember411838

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool