About iso/cso

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Cloven, May 21, 2015.

1. Cloven
    OP

Cloven Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2015
    Hello just wanna ask something, will I be able to play psp games on my PS vita if I have an iso of a game regardless of what FW i have?

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Different firmware requires different exploit games and comes with different PSP sandbox options. Depending on your firmware, you'll need a particular exploit game, and then you'll have to go through the procedure of installing VHBL, then installing whatever is available (generally some flavor of TN CFW). If your firmware is lower, odds are you'll need a PS3 to transfer the exploit title over. Refer to this topic, also stickied at the top of this section for reference, to know what games are necessary based on region and firmware, as well as how to proceed. I know it links to necessary Wololo articles, but if you're feeling adventurous, wololo.net is a convenient stop loaded with all the information we've collected here plus some.

3. Cloven
    OP

Cloven Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2015
    Thanks for the reply, oh wow how complicated and confusing but I'll try my best to learn and do some research once I get home (so troublesome here on phone) I'm not even familiar with the terms.

Another question, does that mean I have to change my firmware everytime I play different games? I just updated mine to 3.51.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    You can't downgrade your firmware, once you update you're stuck with what you have. At that point, you'll have to wait for a new exploit game on the new firmware.

Quite frankly, it would be infinitely easier to just buy a PSP and use that for PSP games and homebrew.