Hacking About brick protection

vosszaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii is a late model which I couldn't install Bootmii as boot2 so i install it as IOS. I dont have Priiloader installed and also I havent done the NAND backup yet.

1. Should I do the NAND backup? Because i heard that they dont recommend to do the NAND backup if Bootmii is installed as IOS, is this true?
2. Should I install Priiloader? Will it benefit me?

Thanks

sarcasmsiempre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Yes, do the backup. There's nothing wrong with making the backup with BootMii as an IOS. I've done it twice myself with no problems.

2) YES, install Priiloader. Since you can't install BootMii as boot2, Priiloader is your only hope if you screw up your System Menu and brick. Plus you can use it to get region-free games, install region-free channels, avoid updates from game discs that could brick your Wii, and other fun stuff.

vosszaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you!!

Can i use Priiloader from your signature, xflak40?
Should i use the official one(rev30) or your one(rev46)?

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
allright thanks, i'll get one when i buy my hdd to run my backups
smile.gif
woot

vosszaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sarcasmsiempre said:
1) Yes, do the backup. There's nothing wrong with making the backup with BootMii as an IOS. I've done it twice myself with no problems.

2) YES, install Priiloader. Since you can't install BootMii as boot2, Priiloader is your only hope if you screw up your System Menu and brick. Plus you can use it to get region-free games, install region-free channels, avoid updates from game discs that could brick your Wii, and other fun stuff.

Thanks !!

But I dont have the original GC controller, can i use the wii classic controller instead?

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
yes make a nand backup, no1 would ever advise u not to do so, i think u misread somewhere

I would install priiloader, as it (when combined with bootmii as IOS) is the next best brick protection after bootmii as boot2
incorrect

the next best protection aside from bootmii as boot2 would be to patch the system menu ios, not the system menu itself like priiloader does
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol