About Boot9Strap

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by DRAMAtical, May 29, 2017.

1. DRAMAtical
    OP

DRAMAtical Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    United States
    So I'm lost at how to fix this problem. I updated from new 3ds from a9lh to boot9strap following the 3ds.guide. Everything worked out fine so I decided to update my luma with the newly installed boot9strap. Since I still had the old luma updater for a9lh it gave me an error when trying to update so I went to install the new lumaupdater that the website provided once I updated luma with the new cia it completed, but then my 3ds shut off and now it doesn't wanna turn back on even without the sd card it just flashes blue for a split second then shuts off.

Update: Ended up reverting back to the old boot.firm, but still wondering why the 3ds doesn't boot without an sd card it should if boot.firm is in CTRNAND right?

Last edited by DRAMAtical, May 29, 2017
    BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  2. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    For the console to boot up without the SD card you need "boot.firm" on the CTRNAND.

DRAMAtical likes this.
  3. DRAMAtical
    OP

DRAMAtical Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    United States
    That's what I thought and I do have it in there, but for some reason it still doesn't boot without the SD card. I'm about to replace it with the latest version I have to see if anything changes.

Update: Seem like there was just a bad copy in CTRNAND replaced the file and everything seems to work fine now. Really appreciate the help thanks a lot :]

Last edited by DRAMAtical, May 29, 2017
    BL4Z3D247 likes this.
  4. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Are you downloading the stable release?..

5. DRAMAtical
    OP

DRAMAtical Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    United States
    Yup. Followed the guide exactly how it's told.