Hacking Question About Being Banned on the Switch~

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I currently have my switch on 4.0.1, running Hekate 3.2 with just homebrew.
Haven't made a Nand Back Up due to not having a MicroSD Yet, its on the way, I will most likely not play online, due to not having that interest on it, however, my friends and I due play on local.

• If i get banned, can i still play local multiplayer, as in Mario Kart and other games? or does the bans dont even let you create local matches?
Once i create a Nand Back Up, what if i do get banned? what does the nand backup will offer to this? [ as in there is people saying /stating that having a Nand before the ban will help in the future]

The0919

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I currently have my switch on 4.0.1, running Hekate 3.2 with just homebrew.
Haven't made a Nand Back Up due to not having a MicroSD Yet, its on the way, I will most likely not play online, due to not having that interest on it, however, my friends and I due play on local.

• If i get banned, can i still play local multiplayer, as in Mario Kart and other games? or does the bans dont even let you create local matches?
Once i create a Nand Back Up, what if i do get banned? what does the nand backup will offer to this? [ as in there is people saying /stating that having a Nand before the ban will help in the future]

Wait, how are you running homebrew and Hekate if you don't have a Micro SD?

D

Deleted User

If you create a nand backup and get banned, your unique certificate in your Switch will not be able to play online regardless of restoring your unbanned nand backup. Local play and downloading updates is still allowed as long as you meet the requirements. Be on the same version for a game and you're set to play local multiplayer. Problem is that you need to be on the latest firmware to update the games

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they meant they didn't have a big enough SD card. A 2-4GB would do just fine for homebrew but not large enough for a NAND backup. And its obviously a bigger pain in the butt to do it in parts.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)