Question About Being Banned on the Switch~

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by ScarletDreamz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    So I currently have my switch on 4.0.1, running Hekate 3.2 with just homebrew.
    Haven't made a Nand Back Up due to not having a MicroSD Yet, its on the way, I will most likely not play online, due to not having that interest on it, however, my friends and I due play on local.

• If i get banned, can i still play local multiplayer, as in Mario Kart and other games? or does the bans dont even let you create local matches?
    Once i create a Nand Back Up, what if i do get banned? what does the nand backup will offer to this? [ as in there is people saying /stating that having a Nand before the ban will help in the future]

2. Tumoche

Tumoche GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2017
    Spain
    If you get banned you can play locally no problem. Restoring a nand backup after being serves no purpose

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  3. The0919

The0919 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2017
    United States
    Behind you
    Wait, how are you running homebrew and Hekate if you don't have a Micro SD?

4. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    hes lying

5. bobdamnit

bobdamnit Don't be a dick.

GBAtemp Patron
    bobdamnit is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    This. This statement is true. You can run hekate without an SD card, but you absolutely cannot run homebrew without an SD card.

6. CrisFTW

CrisFTW Your Excellency

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    If you create a nand backup and get banned, your unique certificate in your Switch will not be able to play online regardless of restoring your unbanned nand backup. Local play and downloading updates is still allowed as long as you meet the requirements. Be on the same version for a game and you're set to play local multiplayer. Problem is that you need to be on the latest firmware to update the games

7. gameus

gameus GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2015
    United States
    Maybe they meant they didn't have a big enough SD card. A 2-4GB would do just fine for homebrew but not large enough for a NAND backup. And its obviously a bigger pain in the butt to do it in parts.

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  8. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Guess i should be a little bit more clear,had my standards to high on common sense, i dont have a BIG CAPACITY Micro SD card, currently only 16gb.

Waiting on the 128gb one, since nand its 32gb, cant dump it now.

TotalJustice likes this.