Ability to set syscore cputime on new 3ds for retail.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by masterz87, May 10, 2015.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I know that there's a syscall in ctrlib but is there currently anyway to force the cputime to somthing other than the default for games? I'msure that this'll fix a lot of th ebigger issues with games as it made a huge difference on the psp all except the dungeon siege game which still took upwards of a minute to finish loading.

The rest though ran way better and I'm sure that a majority of the loading time is decompressing the assets so they can be used in ram so that companies can save cash.

Margen67 likes this.
  2. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

GBAtemp Patron
    gudenau is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    They probably have the highest srt when they need it at least.

3. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    Well I doubt hat they have anything morethan 30% as that was the limit on old 3ds. So the new 3ds though I'm sure it runs the "syscore" for emulation on one of the other cores and lets games use that one to increase performance. So I doubt that they'd be much faster than on old 3ds, especially since I doubt they have very big caches.

I knowthat most games are always probably requesting 30% of the cputime but I'd like to see how they do with more cpu time. I am putting off my getting of a new3ds for at least a bit since it seems likethe vita might finally get hacked which'd be a nice addition since my current flash cart anyway only does 4.5 so I have to get an mt-card plus the new 3ds.