AAC audio file player for GBA

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Wingz136, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009

AAC audio file player for GBA by Wingz136 at 7:34 PM (1,283 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Wingz136
    OP

Newcomer Wingz136 Member

United Kingdom
    Does anyone know of a .gba file that will play aac audio files? It needs to work on supercard mini sd being used with a gameboy micro. thanks in advance

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Not a chance (we do not even have MP3: any device you see will either be being powered by the GBA or be extra hardware). To my knowledge there is no DLDI/similar music app for the GBA so you are stuck with the "add it into the binary" method used by nearly all GBA apps.

Several music players for the GBA, best are probably
    http://www.pineight.com/gba/gsm/
    or
    http://www.gameboy-advance.net/emulated/mu...nce_gba_mp3.htm

GBA alpha also did one but I did not test it much and I can not find a working link right now anyhow.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'd be interested to hear about the GBA Alpha one, as the only media players for the GBA I've ever heard of are GSM Player and Music Player Advance.

To the OP, I'd suggest first converting to high quality WAVE using a program like Wavepad, then using GBA GSM player. Once you've run the batch file once, you can delete the wave files since you don't need to convert them anymore. Save the converted GSM files in a different folder for backup.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
  5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Hm, interesting at least.

Also I forgot that there are a few pure WAVE players out there. Mostly Pogoshell plugins, but of course you can turn them into standalone rom files with Plugin2GBA.