AA Investigations ROM crashing

elliYEET

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My Investigations ROM stops at the same spot in the game no matter what I do (shortly after Badd shows up in case 5). The text boxes turns black instead of transparent and then 2 dialogue boxes later as soon as I press a to continue to the next line it freezes - the music still plays normally and a soft reset sends me back to the menu screen.
I have tried using a different save file, reloading, changing roms, renaming the file, nothing changes. I'm using Twilight Menu on my 3DS.
Could I either get some advice on how to fix this or a save file that's not too far after the line it crashes on? (I'm at Middle Part 1, the black textboxes appear after I press on "Initial Investigation" and it stops when Badd says he and Lang put themselves in charge of the crime scene)

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in case this is a TWLMenu issue, do you think you might be able to simply play through that part on an emulator on pc, and then copy the save data over?

you dont need a very strong computer, the game doesnt need to be running full speed. even if it only runs at 5 fps, you just need to advance a few lines of text.

make sure your rom is not corrupted though...
  • 5532 - Gyakuten Kenji 2.nds
  • CRC-32: 04D1A557
  • SHA-1: 50F3C1EF533A17622437CE6175C6603F31A9B673
  • MD5: 2D02FFE1F6CC97FB291E28F350877938
and do the patching yourself, dont get a pre-patched rom.

failing that, you could probably share your save data and someone can advance it a bit for you.

elliYEET

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
in case this is a TWLMenu issue, do you think you might be able to simply play through that part on an emulator on pc, and then copy the save data over?

you dont need a very strong computer, the game doesnt need to be running full speed. even if it only runs at 5 fps, you just need to advance a few lines of text.
I have desmume but for some reason it won't read the save file - I remember having this issue before and got it to work, i'll just need to play around with it a bit again. Thank you for your help!!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Investigations ROM stops at the same spot in the game no matter what I do (shortly after Badd shows up in case 5). The text boxes turns black instead of transparent and then 2 dialogue boxes later as soon as I press a to continue to the next line it freezes - the music still plays normally and a soft reset sends me back to the menu screen.
I have tried using a different save file, reloading, changing roms, renaming the file, nothing changes. I'm using Twilight Menu on my 3DS.
Could I either get some advice on how to fix this or a save file that's not too far after the line it crashes on? (I'm at Middle Part 1, the black textboxes appear after I press on "Initial Investigation" and it stops when Badd says he and Lang put themselves in charge of the crime scene)
If your save & nds rom file are not corrupt in some way, try changing the clocking speed to 133Mhz or to NTR speed if you were using the 133mhz option. Also check the nds bootstrap compatibility list and see if it says the game is compatible and with which settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol