a9lh with 4gb sd

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hacksn5s4, Apr 14, 2016.

1. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    well i don't want to wait till i get a new sd card to do this so how could install it with this if i take most of the games off it would i be able to

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You can, but since the installation process of A9LH requires a lot of space for the NAND's. You may not be able to do with it with any games installed and have to re-install later.

Galerox likes this.
  3. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    do you have to have both nands on the sd at the same time or can you swap the sd card out remove the other nand and backup/ restore the other one

4. yardie

yardie GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    yes youll be able to
    just copy the nand backups to your computer once they are created, then delete them from the sdcard afterwards

then simply copy whichever nand you need back to the sd card once the tut asks for it

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You can, but I still suggest an 8GB to make sure you have the space.

6. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    if you get a9lh does that mean you don't need emunand anymore

7. teegeeack

teegeeack Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2016
    United States
    you can use sysNAND and accept nintendo updates on it without any need for emuNAND, if you follow the plailect a9lh guide meticulously. correct execution of the guide's final steps will protect the exploit from getting erased by a nintendo update. aureiNAND CFW provides this protection by default, while cakes CFW requires you to select an option which does it.

Last edited by teegeeack, Apr 14, 2016