Hacking A9LH -> update sysnand ?

Ankry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Is this generally true? It's always safe to update if A9LH and AuReiNand SYSNAND are installed, and the worst thing that can happen is that I have to restore my old sysnand version using Decrypt9?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this generally true? It's always safe to update if A9LH and AuReiNand SYSNAND are installed, and the worst thing that can happen is that I have to restore my old sysnand version using Decrypt9?
As long as you're using a a9lh compatible cfw with FIRM 0/1 patching, yes it's always safe. I've never heard of a case where it's ever failed. If it does update sysnand and somehow remove a9lh, you'd have to redowngrade as I'm pretty sure the .3dsx for a9lh is for 9.2 and under, but yeah I think all you'd need to do is use D9 to restore an old backup of 9.2 that previously had a9lh.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could nintendo ever find a way around the firm patching?
No. The only way that Nintendo could patch it is if they rounded up every single 3ds/2ds/n3ds and made hardware revisions on it, basically they'd have to do something that's a huge waste of time and money and there's no way an owner of their system would give it up.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
No. The only way that Nintendo could patch it is if they rounded up every single 3ds/2ds/n3ds and made hardware revisions on it, basically they'd have to do something that's a huge waste of time and money and there's no way an owner of their system would give it up.
thats good to know

Reactions: Just Passing By

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Bear in mind that if there was that possibility that Firm files can be overwritten by an update (Even though it is protected now, unlikely to happen), you would then not be able to use decrypt9 to write the previous sysnand (as the a9lh would be overwritten).

It is currently safe to update. (I have updated sysnand to latest 10.7 and no issues)

Bear in mind that there are circumstances still in which firm files can be overwritten (In particular using the tools mentioned)

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bear in mind that if there was that possibility that Firm files can be overwritten by an update (Even though it is protected now, unlikely to happen), you would then not be able to use decrypt9 to write the previous sysnand (as the a9lh would be overwritten).

It is currently safe to update. (I have updated sysnand to latest 10.7 and no issues)

Bear in mind that there are circumstances still in which firm files can be overwritten (In particular using the tools mentioned)
All you'd have to do is downgrade your system. And while there are circumstances, you'd, legit, have to create the flag yourself for it to actually affect you and if that happens, well that's on you.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
It's also possible that Nintendo could exploit their own arm9 kernel during a System Update to overwrite the firm0/1 partitions.

Reactions: Just Passing By

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn