A9LH to B9S Confussion

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Ryoichui, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Ryoichui
    OP

Ryoichui Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2018
    United States
    Hi! so i've been trying all morning to figure out what i'm doing wrong when trying to follow the guide to switch from A9LH to B9Sso i've followed the setup to a T but what doesn't make sense to me is it's saying to hold the start button to run the luma3ds chainloader menu. this is really confusing to me as holding the start button while booting up the 3ds loads godmode9, and I really don't understand why it wouldn't, like it doesn't make sense to me why these would both use the same button? I've tried deleting all traces of godmode9 as suggested in another thread, but when i do that the 3ds either goes to regular menu or I get the error "An error has ocurred: Failed to apply 1 Firm patch(es). Press any button to shutdown" associated with having updated to 11.8. I've tried pressing select as well in case this was a typo but that just loads the Luma configuration menu. I have the latest Luma3ds update (9.1) and have a new 3ds xl. thanks!

2. jimmyj

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Hyrule
    if you have no other payload on your sd card it will launch godmode9.