Hacking A9LH Setup Help Requested

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am home now and ready to take the A9LH plunge :)

Before I begin, I have several questions:

- When following the guides, how do I backup my SysNAND and EmuNAND?

-When switching use from SC DSTwo to Gateway, do I need to run the Gateway ROP Installer? I have that on my SC DSTwo and I can't run Gateway until that is ran first...

-In A9LH, can I still use my Gateway game saves?

- How do I access the Gateway Menu in A9LH (Menu where I can backup 3DS game carts, etc.)?

- I heard I need to use luma3ds CFW? What is that?

Thoughts/help on all this appreciated :)

Also, can someone kinda walk me through doing all this? Much appreciated :)

I am stuck on part 1 of guide (Decrypt9). Not sure what entrypoint I need... My 3DS is "New Version" and SysNAND is 9.0.0-20U...

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am home now and ready to take the A9LH plunge :)

Before I begin, I have several questions:

- When following the guides, how do I backup my SysNAND and EmuNAND?

-When switching use from SC DSTwo to Gateway, do I need to run the Gateway ROP Installer? I have that on my SC DSTwo and I can't run Gateway until that is ran first...

-In A9LH, can I still use my Gateway game saves?

- How do I access the Gateway Menu in A9LH (Menu where I can backup 3DS game carts, etc.)?

- I heard I need to use luma3ds CFW? What is that?

Thoughts/help on all this appreciated :)

Also, can someone kinda walk me through doing all this? Much appreciated :)

I am stuck on part 1 of guide (Decrypt9). Not sure what entrypoint I need... My 3DS is "New Version" and SysNAND is 9.0.0-20U...

1. Use Emunand9 to backup.

2. No, Luma patches everything. I'm pretty sure you can plug and play.

3.You can access the gateway menu with the launcher.dat, so I'm sure you can.

4.Use the launcher.dat.

5.Luma3ds is a very noob proof CFW. It has many neat features, and it is very easy to use.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused about the following sections of the A9LH guide:

Section IV - Restoring the System
If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND or RedNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND or RedNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move RedNAND.

Section V - Injecting FBI
If you restored an EmuNAND or RedNAND that already contains FBI as part of the last section, you can skip this section.

What do I do in these parts? All I have is my Gateway EmuNAND...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Do exactly what it says ... do you have an emuNAND that our like to keep the data with? Yes. Therefore do that part.

Does the backup contain FBI already? Only you can answer that. See if the steps look familiar to you to try to remember whether you injected FBI in emuNAND or not.

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do exactly what it says ... do you have an emuNAND that our like to keep the data with? Yes. Therefore do that part.

Does the backup contain FBI already? Only you can answer that. See if the steps look familiar to you to try to remember whether you injected FBI in emuNAND or not.

Wait... What? All I currently have is a 9.0.0-20U SysNAND and a Gateway EmuNAND... Not sure if i have FBI installed...

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am at the part of guide where I start using decrypt9... I read ahead to a9lh install section and am worried about section 4:

Section IV - Restoring the System
If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND or RedNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND or RedNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move RedNAND.

1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot
  2. Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore..."
  3. Select "SysNAND Restore"
  4. Confirm and restore from NANDmin.bin
  5. Go to the main menu, then press (Select) to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
  6. Navigate to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card
    • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
    • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
    • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
  7. If you started Part 1 with a 3.X or 4.X NAND, copy the following firmware file to /luma/
  8. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  9. Your device should now be able to boot properly once more.
I am confused on do I "follow move rednand" link, THEN the steps below that (1-9), or what do I do there?

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
C'mon mate, it's written so easy a 5 year-old could do it..
It tells you exactly what to do at every single step. Just follow the guide, actually read it and nothing can go wrong.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's fine when you need a little help but when it says
"If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND or RedNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND or RedNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move RedNAND."

It's evident you aren't reading much before asking whether to move forward or follow the steps to get RedNAND.

Last edited by Kourin,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I am stuck on installing a9lh... I am on part 3 but cant access internet and am afraid to shut off 3ds...

i think it is on 2.1.0 now, and read that putting it in sleep could brick system
Did you read the part about not turning your internet off because you can't turn it back on once you're on 2.1..?

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am backing up EmuNAND now. Do I still need to move it over to my sysnand if I still want to use SC DSTwo and Gateway?

I am ready for step 6 of move rednand/emunand guide...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Side question: Will I still be able to use my Pokemon X/Y/OR saves in Gateway mode in a9lh?

Last edited by Skeet1983,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am stuck on how to proceed... I am on step 6 of move emunand/rednand guide. Vinscool was helping me, but I am on 2.1.0 now and he said to use decrypt9 to backup emunand and restore to sysnand? Is this what I need to do? How do I get back into decrypt9 on 2.1.0? Really would like help...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte