A9LH Impressions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Raylight, Mar 18, 2016.

?

Was it worth it for you?

1. God Yes!

41 vote(s)
    93.2%
  2. Hell No!

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Raylight
    OP

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    So i finally took the plunge By watching a video guide and following along ive never been so scared of a brick but as long as I followed along everything went smoothly. so now im a proud member of the a9lh master race. I really didnt think much of this small exploit at first but my anxiety pushed me I cant be stuck with an inferior method so I finally went through with it. After all the bricks I was scared but Ive come to find that its true "All bricks are from user error" If you follow the guide you are safe so dont fear those of you that are getting cold feet. At a glance this is just a Quicker boot method that never fails but its also a savior for those that love to fiddle mindlessly. A hardmod is no longer relevant and thats awesome. No more crappy glitch screens or freezing you power up and get what you want. The community is very helpful and i must say it never would have been possible without the ppl helping me. After some hours with a9lh I can say this is deffinatly worth your time and risk. Not only is this a cleaner loader but its the start of an entire new era in the 3ds modding scene so jump in and dont be afraid to lean on the community youll be ok if your cautious. My only complaints is the compiling and complicated tools i had to get used to a new way of things luckly i had st125 help me understand most of it and help me compile so a big thanks to him and the rest of the comunity for there help. Whats your impressions on a9lh?

Faru, A_Random_Guy, lordkaos and 5 others like this.

2. oFire

oFire GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2015
    United States
    Working on finishing it on my 3rd 3ds (n3ds xl Red version), so far done my old black 3ds and my new black 3ds xl as well, its not really hard once you understand all the terms and are used to rebooting your way through homebrew fail loads and bugs. Patience is a huge key in this kinda stuff.

Raylight likes this.
  3. kennyhi123

kennyhi123 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2015
    United States
    The 100% boot was so worth it

Minnow, CeeDee and Raylight like this.
  4. Raylight
    OP

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    My Vita broswer messed up the title its supposed to say A9LH Impressions lol but yea its allot safer then i thought

5. Harvest God

Harvest God Er a pixel artist?

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    There was something created to automatically create the arm9loaderhax 3dsx file for you xD which was very fast

6. Raylight
    OP

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    I know but a few recomended i compile myself so st125 did it for me.

7. Harvest God

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    It's preference but I rather go the lazy way I don't have admin privileges anyways to install..

Last edited by Harvest God, Mar 18, 2016
    Minnow likes this.
  8. Raylight
    OP

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    So apparently cias dont get deleted when visiting eshop on AuReiNand thats freaking awesome

9. Harvest God

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    well some dlc cias do with the NNID. I just unlinked my NNID today since it's pointless to me and I want to freely access update my games without downloading any cia dlc

10. Raylight
    OP

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    thats the thing i purchased Moon chronicles and got the cia to its other episodes and everytime i visit eshop id always have to reinstall it but now its not doing that i guess it was bug of rxtools

11. astronautlevel

astronautlevel But he's a guy

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Siteā„¢
    I have used both the online compiler and compiled it myself. Both ways work just fine.

daxtsu likes this.
  12. Ryu X

Ryu X GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2007
    United States
    Worth it for sure. I was afraid of bricking too but followed the guide 100% everything went well. User error does account for a lot of those bricks. People downloading the wrong firmware files for example or they think a old 3ds xl is a new 3ds stuff like that.

Last edited by Ryu X, Mar 18, 2016
    astronautlevel likes this.
  13. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    I got a little (read BIG) help from @FIX94 with this.
    It does look like a scary undertaking at first, but it was freaking worth it, my N3DS now immediately boots into emunand with about the same speed as a sysnand boot. And i am free to install everything i want without fear of destroying my 3DS..

astronautlevel likes this.
  14. JustAKirby

JustAKirby GBAtemp Fan

Oct 7, 2015
    United States
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    mind sharing the video you watched?

15. Raylight
    OP

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    follow as he does. i followed his downgrade method for 9.2 when i got my n3ds this guy knows what hes doing.

Last edited by Raylight, Mar 18, 2016
    JustAKirby likes this.
  16. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States

EDIT: Ninja'd. Videos posted twice.

Last edited by Robz8, Mar 18, 2016
    exangel, Raylight and JustAKirby like this.
  17. Raylight
    OP

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    lmao this guy makes it look easy so seeing him do it may help clear up the fog if your thinking about doing this.

Last edited by Raylight, Mar 18, 2016
  18. LiquidAudacity

LiquidAudacity GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    United States
    It was a night and day difference for me

19. Raylight
    OP

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    Im loving a9lh more and more the more time i spend using it. Im eager to see what more can be done with it.

20. mokmoki

mokmoki Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2016
    Which CFW does the cias get deleted? I'm not sure if I've noticed that on my 3DS (menuhax + ReiNand)...