A worried noob...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kirokun, Mar 15, 2009.

Mar 15, 2009

A worried noob... by kirokun at 3:07 AM (1,059 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. kirokun
    OP

Member kirokun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok I have a few questions:

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know its a mess...

According to the HBC i have cIOS36_rev4...

I followed waninkoko's installation guide to install rev 8,i put the IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of my sd as it asks... however I being a total noob, don't know how to install the rev 8 or even know where to put it? I know i'm suppose to put it somewhere in the apps... do i just delete rev7installer.dol and replace it with rev8installer.dol?

2. This question haunts me since the beginning of the whole HBC+wiigator thing...
    Since I have a custom ios installed, sometimes theres an update to the same ios like cIOS36_rev4, rev 6 rev 7 rev 8 and so on... now my question is... is there a need to uninstall a later rev and install a newer rev, or do i just install the next rev w/o uninstalling anything? What about moving from cIOS36 to like cIOS 50 or w/e it's at right now?

thanks in advance

2. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    1- in the root of your SD Card it should be a folder by the name WAD ( if not make one ) put your IOS36-64-v1042.wad file there , no open WadManager from the HBC and search WAD for the IOS36-64-v1042.wad , when found run the install by pressing (+) on the Wii Controller [​IMG] .
    2- no you don't need to uninstall nothing cause the new one will over write the old one [​IMG] good luck

3. kirokun
    OP

Member kirokun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have the wad and the rev8.dol

Waninkoko's instructions:
    According to the instructions it says to move the WAD into the root of the SD, and there is no mention of what to do with the rev8.dol
    BIG MOE's instructions:
    According to you sir, you say to move the WAD into the WAD folder (which is on the root of my SD), and like waninkoko, there is no mention of the rev 8.dol file.

Thanks in advance... HW time D:

4. BIG MOE

Member BIG MOE ๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™

Syria
    ok in your case since you gave me more info about what do you have let's do it over [​IMG]
    internet install :
    1- rename (rev8.dol to boot.dol) and put it in a folder (IOS36_rev8 Installer) and put it in (APPs) folder .
    2- run HBC and look for (IOS36_rev8 Installer) and run it .
    3- when prompt choose internet install and it should do it [​IMG] .

Wad Install :
    1- rename (rev8.dol to boot.dol) and put it in a folder (IOS36_rev8 Installer) and put it in (APPs) folder .
    2- put (IOS36-64-v1042.wad) in the root of SD Card .
    3- run HBC and look for (IOS36_rev8 Installer) and run it .
    4- when prompt choose Wad install and it should do it [​IMG] .

enjoy and regards from Big Moe [​IMG]