Hardware A weird Switch demo unit

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm also throwing in a standalone ams_mitm kip now in the event anyone wants to use the official ams build with just my ams_mitm (which is the only thing my patch edits).
If anyone does this they must update the kip for each release.

Attachments

• 1.3.2.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 110
  • Wow
Reactions: Magnus Hydra

lsp199308

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm also throwing in a standalone ams_mitm kip now in the event anyone wants to use the official ams build with just my ams_mitm (which is the only thing my patch edits).
Thank you very much, I am using both oc suite, and DeviceID Exosphere, ams_mitm kip is perfect!

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

About to try this one we talked about. getting the SD card ready. download the 1.3.2.
fusee.bin goes:
bootloader\payloads\fusee.bin

ams_mitm.kip goes?

a.patch goes?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About to try this one we talked about. getting the SD card ready. download the 1.3.2.
fusee.bin goes:
bootloader\payloads\fusee.bin

ams_mitm.kip goes?

a.patch goes?
fusee goes wherever.

You don’t need ams_mitm.kip, I include a separate copy of it since it’s the only thing I edit and some may need to use the standard release of ams or some other custom build.

a.patch contains my source changes, you also don’t need that.

protonx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a few demo models- the one I have been messing with is an OLED with this error code. It was able to update to the latest firmware through maintenance mode- but still shows the error.

I’m not involved in the switch software scene- is there a way to restore this to just demo firmware- or do I have to go to CFW (which I know nothing about)?

Chekeleke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought a Switch lite with the same problem. How do i know if this switch is a demo version? if it is a demo version there is a way to fix it? or I just should trash the switch lite? thanks :D

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought a Switch lite with the same problem. How do i know if this switch is a demo version? if it is a demo version there is a way to fix it? or I just should trash the switch lite? thanks :D
If it’s giving this error it’s most likely a kiosk. There’s no visual way of telling, they look identical to normal consoles.
If you’re able to install a modchip in it you can get it into a usable state, otherwise I’d sell it on ebay or smth (saying that it’s a factory reset kiosk console).

Chekeleke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it’s giving this error it’s most likely a kiosk. There’s no visual way of telling, they look identical to normal consoles.
If you’re able to install a modchip in it you can get it into a usable state, otherwise I’d sell it on ebay or smth (saying that it’s a factory reset kiosk console).
how much can it get this switch? under 100$?

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of the kiosk models I have are HAC-001, can those be fixed without a mod chip?
If they’re unpatched, yes. If they’re patched, no.
They use standard retail serial numbers so you can check those, or you can just try pushing a payload (nothing will break or anything if it’s patched).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Missed this, whoops.
If you’re asking how much you could sell it for, I can’t really say, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you could get at least $200 out of it.
Hi. So I just got a Kiosk Switch with the same "could not load software". Before reading about blown fuses and whatnot I went ahead and reset it like 3 times and also updated it to 14.1.2 trying to solve the issue but from what I'm reading I might have made it even harder to fix? I just want to use it as a normal switch. It boots to maintenance mode but that's it, otherwise it just shows the two logos and the "could not load software message".

I'm kinda a n00b when it comes to modding video games in general, let alone the switch. I'm computer literate and know how to use a terminal without deleting system 32 but I've just never done anything like this before, any advice or help would be appreciated.

Oddly enough, if you check the sold listings on ebay for "Nintendo switch software". it seems two demo versions with the "could not load software" status have sold for parts/repair, with one selling for $150 and the other selling for $350. Is there something special about the Kiosk version? I'd like to make it a usable switch but if I can sell it for $300+ even in it's unusab;e state then heck I might just do that.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. So I just got a Kiosk Switch with the same "could not load software". Before reading about blown fuses and whatnot I went ahead and reset it like 3 times and also updated it to 14.1.2 trying to solve the issue but from what I'm reading I might have made it even harder to fix? I just want to use it as a normal switch. It boots to maintenance mode but that's it, otherwise it just shows the two logos and the "could not load software message".

I'm kinda a n00b when it comes to modding video games in general, let alone the switch. I'm computer literate and know how to use a terminal without deleting system 32 but I've just never done anything like this before, any advice or help would be appreciated.

Oddly enough, if you check the sold listings on ebay for "Nintendo switch software". it seems two demo versions with the "could not load software" status have sold for parts/repair, with one selling for $150 and the other selling for $350. Is there something special about the Kiosk version? I'd like to make it a usable switch but if I can sell it for $300+ even in it's unusab;e state then heck I might just do that.
Nah, if it was already giving the error factory resetting 3 times wouldn’t have made anything any worse or any more difficult to fix.

There’s nothing particularly special about them, they’re just regular retail consoles Nintendo pulled then blew a fuse and installed the kiosk demo apps on. The fuse just tells the system to launch a certain program on boot (the demo menu app). Their console certs also have some special rights (assuming the console hasn’t been blacklisted/banned) that let them download new content, though that’s a server side deal. I’d personally never buy one myself, but some will pay a bunch for them.

If the console is unpatched, you can use my modded build of atmosphere that effectively spoofs that fuse to make these console behave like normal consoles. If it’s patched there’s not really much you do. You can check whether they’re unpatched and all that the same way you would with a regular console.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The indicator is OLED, anything after Eristas (aside from refurbished ones that also need it) meaning every later revision than (not refurbished) "OG" Switches needs a chip installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1