• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,662
  • Replies 10
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thank this community for all the interesting info it exchanges daily.
Seriously, I wasn't aware I was a tech savvy...that much.

Here is a curse I've been cast five months ago.
I enjoyed DOOM on cartridge, from start to finish, on a virginal unhacked NS. One day, I tried the 8Go update and saw that it provided nothing to the solo experience (besides cheesy dialogues).

I removed this useless and heavy update so my saves went unusable, so, no big deal, I erased all to play again from scratch.
No, the game kept asking to update, plane mode or not. Enraged, I threw the cartridge to the closest garbage and felt better.

Today, I tried something new, but have the EXACT SAME ISSUE with NSP files.
So, somewhere in my data, there is a line that specifies " If you wanna play what you bought (or used to), fill your memory card with useless crap ". This game IS satanic.

Is any way known to play DOOM again without this useless updates ?

Cheers

D

Deleted User

OP
"Sad that I didn't even start playing but I downloaded this huge update and it seems it was for nothing rather than 8GB less on my storage."

I feel the same way. I should have posted earlier to warn you :)

"Your system remember that you installed the update, so you need the update if you want to run the game."

That's what I thought.
So apparently, there are currently no ways to erase this embarrassing memory...What a shame. Gotta call the MIB.

Thanks guys for your quick feedback.

Reactions: Tumbleweed

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yup once you update your switch will never want to play the cartridge again without update downloaded, also doom latest update improves resoultion and framerate and adds gyro controls so its not useless anymore for singleplayer :P

Reactions: Tumbleweed

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you can fix it... if you have devmenu, find the application and use "reset required version" then you can play it. That being said, the update does improve framerate a bit so it's not completely useless.

Reactions: Deleted User

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Sad that I didn't even start playing but I downloaded this huge update and it seems it was for nothing rather than 8GB less on my storage."

I feel the same way. I should have posted earlier to warn you :)

"Your system remember that you installed the update, so you need the update if you want to run the game."

That's what I thought.
So apparently, there are currently no ways to erase this embarrassing memory...What a shame. Gotta call the MIB.

Thanks guys for your quick feedback.
Just for the future, pressing the reply button under someones message automatically puts their message into a quote box.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Actually you can fix it... if you have devmenu, find the application and use "reset required version" then you can play it. That being said, the update does improve framerate a bit so it's not completely useless.

Thanks ! Life always finds a way.
Sadly I was glad to erase all my donors when I received my SX stuff. Joke on me...

Just for the future, pressing the reply button under someones message automatically puts their message into a quote box.

See ? I'm a quick learner.

The hacking community needs to find the file that lets the switch know a game has been updated. Then create a program to ready it and edit it.

Yeah, that would be neat !
DOOM is cool and really enjoyable on the original version (framerate drop and no gyro were not an issue to me), playing it with 14Go instead of 22 would be a big plus.
I find the memory management on Switch even more obnoxious than it was on VITA:

Vita: 64gb=80€ (play asia) => 42 games (PSX/PSP/and many "big" PSVITA ones) and their updates
NS: 64Gb=40€ (common retailer) => 6 games, no updates

I'm really not fond of HD games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte