Hacking A way to hide NAND/emulator sections in WiiFlow?

DrDean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to hide the NAND and emulator sections of WiiFlow so that it only shows Wii and Gamecube backups. It's a bit of a hassle to flip through an extra 2 or 3 sections to get back to my Wii games after flipping through Gamecube games. I'm using the latest version of WiiFlow (v4.0.1). Would this require recompiling it, or is there a simple switch in a config file somewhere? Thanks in advance.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
open the file /apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini

In there under the [PLUGINS] section there an option that says
disable=no
change it to
disable=yes
that hide the emulator section

under the [GENERAL] section there's an option something like
hidechannels=no
again, change it to yes and the NAND part should go away

Alternatively, under the [GENERAL] section there's also an option something like
dpad_mode=no
that you can change to yes and when you point at the mode button where you usually press (A) to switch through modes you can also press up, down, left, and right on the d-pad to go straight to whichever mode you want so you wouldn't have to rotate through all of them at lease but the method I mentioned before should eliminate them completely anyway.

(I'm mostly sure about the exact name of those settings I mentioned before but just look for something similar to it. I can't promise I remembered the names exactly.)

Reactions: 1 person

DrDean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! NAND mode doesn't want to seem to go away, but the Homebrew channels and emulator sections did.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks! NAND mode doesn't want to seem to go away, but the Homebrew channels and emulator sections did.
There's a "disable=no" setting in the [NAND] section AND there's also a "hidechannels=no" setting under the [GENERAL] section. You need to set both to yes. One is to hide the emulated NAND and and the other is to hide the real NAND (both use the NAND coverflow in WiiFlow itself depending on if you have NAND emulation enabled or not.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1