A very nooby first question.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WeTheVirus, Mar 24, 2012.

Mar 24, 2012
  1. WeTheVirus
    OP

Newcomer WeTheVirus Member

Canada
    This is probably covered somewhere or has been asked a multitude of times but I've looked everywhere I can think of including good old google search to no avail.

I started modding my new black Wii 4.3u and have come upon an unpleasant snag with Hermes cIOS installer 5 and 5.1, upon loading it in HBC it gives me the warning and continues on to the choice selections perfectly well and good, however my controller wont respond, the only way I can get back to HBC is to tap reset.

Hopefully I'm not aggravating nerves by asking, but what could the problem be?

Any help is greatly appreciated :D

((Edit: I forgot to mention that I've removed all peripheral devices as told, have the 236 IOS installed if that's important.))

2. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    You must have a newer wiimote that doesn't work with older homebrew. Use modmii to build the cIOS's and then install the WADs using MMM or whatever app that has been recompiled with the latest libogc.

3. WeTheVirus
    OP

Canada

Yeah, I have two of the damnable black controllers.

Wish I had known new meant evil when it came to Wii modding, I would have stuck with an older model, haha.

As for building the cIOS's is there a guide that would explain how to do this?

I've modded several Psp systems before but this whole wii thing is new hat to me, I have wii mod v2.6 (dop IOS mod) that allows me to install WADs I believe, but I'd have no idea how to build the cIOS's.

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    ModMii can build the cIOS WADs for you

5. WeTheVirus
    OP

Canada
    Okay, thanks for the help, again, greatly appreciated :D

1 person likes this.
  6. WeTheVirus
    OP

Canada
    One last thing, I just wanted to say that your ModMii is absolutely the single easiest and user friendly program I have ever found for modding, you sir are a saint.

Will definitely be sending my support for it.

1 person likes this.