A variety of Xbox 360 games are getting unknown updates prior to tomorrow's Xbox 20th anniversary event

Xbox-Logo-2010.jpg

Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the Microsoft Xbox, and with that special date comes an anniversary stream from the Xbox team, celebrating everything from the past two decades. Curiously, some Xbox games from the past two decades have gotten some mysterious patches prior to the live stream event. Titles like Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fable Anniversary, Fable 3, Dead Space 1 and 3, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion have all gotten new updates, which don't appear to add anything immediately noticeable. These weird unknown updates might be a part of tomorrow's reveals, though, so be sure to tune in to the Xbox stream tomorrow at 10am PT/5pm GMT.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the lighter PS4 controller but They both get the job done in the end.
I really like the DS4 controller, but the touch pad and the colored light was just a stupid gimmick that makes me wish they would have done an edition without it.

On a more positive note, DS4 works on PS3 and if you have a PS3 BC then you can use a PS4 controller to play PS2 games! That's friggin' awesome. :)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love to hear more info on this, specially for what it adds on original hardware.

I wish Red Dead Revolver received an Xbox One patch because I remember it being so glitchy on the 360.

The RDR most never heard, yet it's so great.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am no fan of Playstation, I'm just simply making a joke. I do wish Microsoft make all of their controllers as rechargeable built-in batteries as Sony does. I am not a fan nor the money to keep buying AAs just to play the system. I don't have Xbox Series or One. I only see stuff online.
It's not 1994 anymore. Why are you buying disposable batteries when AA Enelopes exist? I'm STILL using the same ones I purchased in 2012!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not 1994 anymore. Why are you buying disposable batteries when AA Enelopes exist? I'm STILL using the same ones I purchased in 2012!

This. I don't even remember when I bought my first Enelopes. But they're still being used. Amazon Basics are really, really good too. Some have said they are rebranded Enelopes.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I’d argue that even that is somewhat outdated when shaped li-ion packs exist. When using a rechargeable AA, no matter what type, you’re always sacrificing run time due to lower voltage - Eneloops and NiMH peak at 1.2V whereas alkalines and carbon zinc batteries are 1.5V. With a pair of traditional rechargeables you’ll always get a peak of 2.4V, which is considerably less than the 3V provided by non-rechargeables the controller was designed for. By contrast, the latest Microsoft rechargeable pack uses a li-ion pouch as opposed to two integrated cells, so you’re getting 3V like you’re supposed to, plus it’s higher capacity. All that aside, you are correct - using rechargeables is always recommended, there is no need to fill landfills with spent traditional cells anymore.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for all the "diversity" and loot boxes to be retroactively fucked into my older games. Fuck that.
They have actually slowly changed some in game dialogue and story text from time to time while removing some older features.
When have they done that? News to me.

Reactions: darthini

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I love that more titles from previous consoles are added to the Xbox Series catalog, above with patches that improve the gaming experience.

You could say that it is Microsoft's "Virtual Console", I hope they do not forget the original XBOX and not only put X360 games

ElSasori69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Interesting, I always found that giving updates to an old game like something amusing... unless they do to block content or for censorship.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fightcade 2 will help for that with MvC2. You can play both dreamcast and arcade versions online for free.
True... but I prefer playing on my couch in front of the TV rather than on my PC.

Maybe I should get around to figuring out the network adapter mod for my Dreamcast and play on that... or attempt to fix the YLoD on my PS3... or route a real long hdmi cable from my PC to my TV... :unsure:

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tough words coming from a rabid fanboy. Tone it done and accept that people like different consoles.

Funny, coming from the same person that said "Lol, and to think people enjoy these games". What a hypocrite. Care to explain to us all why you didn't tone it "done" and accept that people like different games? Not to mention the entire "town it down" bit, immediately after something like "tough words coming from a rabid fanboy." Two instances of hypocrisy in two sentences. Want to go for three in your next post?

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

scroeffie1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
its just a emulator update nothing more games wil be added to the list ,hope xbox 360 naruto rise of a ninja wil be added want to replay that game

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please FPS boost on Sonic Unleashed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since