A variety of Xbox 360 games are getting unknown updates prior to tomorrow's Xbox 20th anniversary event

Xbox-Logo-2010.jpg

Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the Microsoft Xbox, and with that special date comes an anniversary stream from the Xbox team, celebrating everything from the past two decades. Curiously, some Xbox games from the past two decades have gotten some mysterious patches prior to the live stream event. Titles like Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fable Anniversary, Fable 3, Dead Space 1 and 3, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion have all gotten new updates, which don't appear to add anything immediately noticeable. These weird unknown updates might be a part of tomorrow's reveals, though, so be sure to tune in to the Xbox stream tomorrow at 10am PT/5pm GMT.

:arrow: Source

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the Microsoft Xbox, and with that special date comes an anniversary stream from the Xbox team, celebrating everything from the past two decades. Curiously, some Xbox games from the past two decades have gotten some mysterious patches prior to the live stream event. Titles like Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fable Anniversary, Fable 3, Dead Space 1 and 3, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion have all gotten new updates, which don't appear to add anything immediately noticeable. These weird unknown updates might be a part of tomorrow's reveals, though, so be sure to tune in to the Xbox stream tomorrow at 10am PT/5pm GMT.

Probably making them compatible with the New Xboxes?

adamsef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kids have stole my Xbox gamer tag for there Xbox series and my gold and ultimate subscription..
I bought an Xbox 360 slim for £10 and I’ve never been happier..
All my old purchases and I didn’t realise how much I love the 360 and OG Xbox I hope they have some treats tomorrow

Reactions: Marc_LFD

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Kids have stole my Xbox gamer tag for there Xbox series and my gold and ultimate subscription..
I bought an Xbox 360 slim for £10 and I’ve never been happier..
All my old purchases and I didn’t realise how much I love the 360 and OG Xbox I hope they have some treats tomorrow
"sorry bud that's gonna be a ban for you. Not allowed to have fun or swear in any capacity. Doesn't matter if its a rated M game.
tsk tsk read the EULA."
*Said dipshit redditor then Proceeds to spam "CHEAP CARRIES & RECOVS ON DISCORD" and blatantly break the EULA by asking for user login info*

Yuck. I hate redditors. Fuck Xbone. The 360 is where it was at. Average MW2 lobbies would get the ban happy Troons to rope. Fucking Cowards hiding behind ban hammers.

• Angry
Reactions: ChibiMofo

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I never knew the 360 was still supported, great going Microsoft!
They were apparently starting to go offline starting in december with the legacy halo titles going first. Fuck 343i. Just hand the franchise over to Creative assembly. They created the banished and blew their shitty Jihadi elites out of the water and actually gave a fuck about the franchise instead of just banning everyone.

• Angry

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
They have actually slowly changed some in game dialogue and story text from time to time while removing some older features.
In which games? Older features tend to get removed due to servers going down but I can't think of anything other than, maybe, I want to say Baldur's Gate? That changed dialogue way after the fact.

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
In which games? Older features tend to get removed due to servers going down but I can't think of anything other than, maybe, I want to say Baldur's Gate? That changed dialogue way after the fact.
Games like New vegas that removed content like wounded soldiers on the way to Nelis airforce base.

Also noticed that Mass effect 3 also had some minor dialog changes and the multiplayer was tweaked a bit.
Nothing you wouldn't really remember unless you played it religiously for years.

ME3 Multiplayer is also still quite alive and fun. Just don't play anything besides gold matches or you wont find anyone.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very curious.
Kind of hoped, prior to reading, that it may be a decommissioning of the Gold subscription requirement for online play on older hardware... but as all the titles mentioned are essentially single player I think we can rule that out.
I can still live in hope that one day they won't make me pay to play MvC2 online.

I might fire up my 360 and boot up Fallout 3 just to see how big of a patch we're talking about.
Fightcade 2 will help for that with MvC2. You can play both dreamcast and arcade versions online for free.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

KirgoPlayer007

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Still waiting for Hitman:Absolution servers to come up again...

• Haha

Mago6246

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Gears of War Games 1, 2, 3 & Judgment also got updated

Attachments

• 20211113_150746.jpg
    20211113_150746.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 60
Last edited by Mago6246,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.