A theory/request

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by riverchen, Jul 15, 2010.

Jul 15, 2010

A theory/request by riverchen at 2:08 PM (715 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. riverchen
    OP

Member riverchen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    In theory, is it possible to write a homebrew app to load roms with AP patches? I have 1 r4ds's and they have wood on them and that gets updated rather quickly, but i also have an R4i ultra, running AKAIO 1.4, so it would be a great help if someone could do this..... Thanks,

-Riverchen

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Well...in theory, that would be called ysmenu, but who knows if it works on your clone or not. Judging from the fact that you are posting this as a question, I am assuming it didn't work for you.

3. riverchen
    OP

United States
    Yea, it didn't work. My only hope is this r4idsn.com one that is an acekard clone, which probably had a kernel that i can use, but its prob still crappy.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If somebody has an AP patch then they can just patch the ROM.

Thing is most flash cart makers don't release their AP patches (and just keep it internal in the firmware) to prevent other card makers from using it.

5. riverchen
    OP

United States
    Ahh. But some games i can find patches for, like the WW:DIY saving issue. Also, can someone conform that the r4i from r4idsn.com is a AK clone?

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The games that do have patches are third-party releases and thus wouldn't be in a firmware in the first place since you can just patch the ROM, and the people making these patches are random/scattered and not part of any real team so it wouldn't make it into a firmware. [​IMG]