A strange question about integrity of homebrew acces after repar of a particular part of the switch

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know some thing about how the acces to RCM works, but i dont know that much as to know the answer to this question, You see the USB port of my switch kinda fails to recognize when it is conected to dock (but it charges perfectly well) i´ve been thinking about reparing it but perhaps they will tell me it needs to be changed, as far as i know this part is what grants the acces to RCM, so, IF THAT PORT OS CHANGED OR REPAIRED (new solding perhaps) WILL I LOSE THE ABILITY TO INJECT PAYLOADS?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know some thing about how the acces to RCM works, but i dont know that much as to know the answer to this question, You see the USB port of my switch kinda fails to recognize when it is conected to dock (but it charges perfectly well) i´ve been thinking about reparing it but perhaps they will tell me it needs to be changed, as far as i know this part is what grants the acces to RCM, so, IF THAT PORT OS CHANGED OR REPAIRED (new solding perhaps) WILL I LOSE THE ABILITY TO INJECT PAYLOADS?
The USB port provides access to serial communication and power. It does not play any additional part other than relaying the data you inject. Repairing the USB port will not have any negative impact on your ability to inject payloads. Good luck with your repairs!

Reactions: Absolute_Vile

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The USB port provides access to serial communication and power. It does not play any additional part other than relaying the data you inject. Repairing the USB port will not have any negative impact on your ability to inject payloads. Good luck with your repairs!
I see. i had my information wrong, wich is good cuz that means repairs can be done normally, Thanks for the help mate :D i will get this thing repaired as soon as technicians are open January 2nd

Last edited by Absolute_Vile,
Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative