All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine doesn't have an ambassador 3DS, but wants the games. However, she heard that if you set the date to 8/7/2011 and log into the eShop, it'll set your 3DS as an ambassador.

I know this is probably bogus, but is there a chance it would work? She begged me to ask here before she tries it, mainly because she believes Nintendo will ban her from the eShop and all online if she tries it.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ambassador status is tied to the eShop account,which is linked to the serial number. Ninty has a database of all the serial numbers that orginally were granted Ambassador status. The only way for her to get Ambassador status is by transferring the eShop account with system transfer. Setting the date won't work, besides, setting the date is only client-side, won't affect the eShop server's own clock.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I told her these things and she seemed satisfied with the answer.

Now she's asking how to do a 3DS transfer via Wi-Fi, as a friend of hers across the world wants to transfer their brother's 3DS data because he sold the friend's 3DS instead of his own or something.

Right after this explanation, she said "Redownloading my games will be a pain, though." It took me an hour to convince her that if she gets ambassador transferred to her account she won't have the games she bought.

Now she's swearing GBAtemp has a way to get ambassador without overwriting your purchases but aren't tellling her because she once told the site to screw off (she has no account, so she didn't post that. I think she believes websites are sentient) for not having a full fan translation patch for Doki Doki Majo Shinpan, which she (wrongfully) believes is "a dating sim for a Madoka Magica sequel that never happened in anime or manga" (oh, it would surprise her to learn otherwise. She hates hentai with the passion of a million suns)...

Please hire an assassin to kill me now...

back25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now she's asking how to do a 3DS transfer via Wi-Fi, as a friend of hers across the world wants to transfer their brother's 3DS data because he sold the friend's 3DS instead of his own or something.

Right after this explanation, she said "Redownloading my games will be a pain, though." It took me an hour to convince her that if she gets ambassador transferred to her account she won't have the games she bought.

She can't do that. Plus she'd have to download it anyway since they're far from each other. IDK about the saves though.

I commend you for displaying this Haibane picture. I'm glad someone still remembers this masterpiece.

Reactions: gamefan5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small