Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
2D0C9862-6EA3-474D-94B6-683397C4A93F.jpeg
Hi, yesterday I gave my little niece my New Nintendo 3DS Xl Snes Edition to play with because otherwise she cried , after an hour or so I saw there was a scratch on the 3DS not on the screens (look at the picture) I want to fix it but I don't know how , does anyone have a solution , this is so bad .. I took so much care of my 3DS .. This really makes me want to break my 3DS or something I'm so g**** stressed because of this and I'm in an exam period as well this makes me stress a lot more , about the picture : I don't know if you can see it wel but in person you can see it very good , so that's very bad

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem on my Animal Crossing 3DS, only mine are thinner and there's about 5-10 scratches all along the hinge. I am not sure what causes it but I think maybe pressing too hard to close the top half presses the hinge down some to the point it scratches against the bottom half. I haven't been bothered to fix it because it'd probably just make it worse. I know it's annoying but just be thankful your 3DS is white so it's not that noticeable except under certain light conditions. If it was another color it'd be very noticeable. I mean you could go the route to spray paint over it with some matte white and just tape off the entire 3DS. Would be an easy project but you'd have to do extremely light coats.

Reactions: Kaan3DS

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have the same problem on my Animal Crossing 3DS, only mine are thinner and there's about 5-10 scratches all along the hinge. I am not sure what causes it but I think maybe pressing too hard to close the top half presses the hinge down some to the point it scratches against the bottom half. I haven't been bothered to fix it because it'd probably just make it worse. I know it's annoying but just be thankful your 3DS is white so it's not that noticeable except under certain light conditions. If it was another color it'd be very noticeable. I mean you could go the route to spray paint over it with some matte white and just tape off the entire 3DS. Would be an easy project but you'd have to do extremely light coats.
I don't think I would spray it anyway , I'm scared for not doing it right lol , but thanks for replying!

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I would spray it anyway , I'm scared for not doing it right lol , but thanks for replying!

Spray paint is hard to mess up :P. And with a little area such as a 3DS hinge, you have no room for error. It'd be extremely simple if you just taped off the entire top and bottom halves. Hell, if you didn't live out of country I'd offer to do it for you. You could always buy a skin/decal for your 3DS too, one that includes a hinge piece. It'd help protect it from future scratches too.

Reactions: Kaan3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative