A quick theory

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by SubliminalSegue, Feb 18, 2011.

1. SubliminalSegue
    OP

SubliminalSegue GBAtemp Fan

Oct 12, 2010
    United States
    My friend and I were talking about our hopes for E3 and we came to the agreement that since Sony and Microsoft would probably be boasting their motion devices, it would be perfect timing for Nintendo to tease their next console. It would stun and send the other two into a frenzy.

For those unaware, Nintendo has been talking about making their next console holographic. They've been working on it for years now and it is possible, but probably not cost-effective right now.

Does anyone have any theories on this? Do you think Nintendo can do this, or will they drop the ball and have Reggie Fils-Aime talk about Mario for 45 minutes?

Also, for skeptics, I had called this back before the Wii came out. We both thought they had this planned before the Wii, and the Wii was essentially a prototype for what they really wanted. Holograms are possible, in theory, and although we'll never have interactable holograms, it is possible.

2. Rafinesque

Rafinesque GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    United States
    I think most people think they are going to drop the ball. A lot of the experts think Nintendo has waited at least a year too long to come out with a new console. The Wii sales are starting to decline. If they had just made the Wii support HD from the beginning, the 360 and PS3 would have never had a chance. Now, both of them have more power than the Wii, motion controls, and not as many crap games as the Wii. Crap games is what killed the Atari 2600, and it might hurt Nintendo also.

A lot of experts are predicting that the PS3 is going to have the best year in 2011, but the 360 is doing better so far...

Nintendo is going to have to come up with something a lot better than just a Wii with High-Def graphics to be able to fend off Sony and Xbox...

3. nutella

nutella Low Glycemic Index

Sep 4, 2008
    Your nearest supermarket
    I would be surprised if Nintendo doesn't announce a home console soon. They've always left a 5 year gap between their home consoles, though this time it might be a bit longer. I personally agree that Nintendo waited too long. I would have expected something to come before Christmas, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

4. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Quite bluntly no, it be about 3DS more.

5. raiderscrusade

raiderscrusade GBAtemp Fan

Jun 30, 2009
    2006 - Wii was released.

Current year: 2011.

If it follows the 5 year gap process, 2011 is the year [​IMG]