A Quick Rare Replay Question!

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Games & Content' started by mikeyt1998, Dec 7, 2015.

1. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    I'm wondering... Are the game 'ROMs' on the Rare Replay disc only NTSC versions of the games? Or does the PAL release of the game have the European ROMs on it?

The reason I ask, I run a Game Glitches Channel on YouTube and next I'll be covering Banjo Kazooie using Rare Replay to record the footage. There's one Glitch known as 'Reverse Bee Adventure' which is almost impossible to execute on the NTSC version of the game, so need to know whether I'd be wasting my time trying to get footage for it using a PAL Rare Replay Disc.

So far I've managed to get a few glitches recorded which work from the N64 version which is expected with it being a Port. Just need a region check for this one XD

Would be great help, otherwise I'll be trying to Emulate the PAL version to execute the glitch which would be annoying because it'd be 4:3 resolution! hahaha

Thanks guys!

2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Well for starters, the included version of Banjo Kazooie on Rare Replay is the Xbox Live Arcade HD version, which as far as I am aware in some regards, patched some old glitches.

I can't answer the question for sure, but I know a lot of speedrunners refuse to play the HD version for the precise reason that the HD port fixed small bugs. But I would assume it is a port of the NTSC version of the game, if that helps.

EDIT: With that being said, a quick google shows me that the XBLA version has some unique glitches of its own, so at least you'll have some other content if it doesnt work :lol:

3. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    @chavosaur That's some good info, I guessed that porting the game would definitely remove some but add other Glitches! I guess I'll be trying to use Emulation then for that particular glitch... Arghh! Hope it works full speed hahaha

Thanks for taking the time to Google that for me as well. People here are always so friendly and helpful <3 I'm gonna try and stick to N64 Glitches only due to the fact I can just mention that the glitches work in both versions of the game. Unless I'm feeling motivated, then I can add markers to say which version it works in, no big deal but I'm so lazy sometimes hahaha

Cheers again! Rambling over