A question

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot go any further. This is the end of the line. You have gone as far as you could've gone. You have reached the end.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I understand.

I am trying to put fewer words in my game but its not enough space due to ROM memory size. Perhaps, three or four words?

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that the entire sentence? Also, what are the previous couple of sentences so we can understand the context.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I tried: You can't go no more. Sounds good ? However, one word need to removed to fit in the sentence so I can't think of something.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am with sandytf, more context would be helpful.

If it is more "This is where we part ways my friend. From here I go alone." then it would sound very odd to use a phrase like "this is the edge of the level, go no further".

For the former something like "you're done" works well, though be careful with that as such a phrase is not uncommon if you are firing someone/stopping them so you can take over and may not be that friendly, unless the person is about the sacrifice themselves and in that case it is somewhat less aggressive.

For the latter would something like "return to the mission" do?

Until we have context though it is not going to do much good and you can look at end in a thesaurus as well as any of us.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great.. It fits but I like something to do with "go". Maybe, I can't let you go! I don't know but I want it to be relate to That's as far as you go!

Edit: Okay.. Someone is trying to stop an enemy.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop is good but just one word ? Nah. What about: I can't let you go? OR That's enough? Is that another word for That's as far as you go? Something to do with "go" in the sentence but smaller sentence, I think. That's an exclamation in the sentence when I use it, of course. Help ? :)

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump....

You're not going anywhere is another word for That's as far as you go ?? What about I can't let you go ? Something to do with smaller sentence that I am seeking for. Please ? :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Scram, dog breath.

*aims shotgun* You feel lucky...punk?

I can't let you do that, Dave.

THOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!

...why is this thread in general gaming section? Of what I can think of, only the first one is from an actual game (Leisure Suit Larry). Though there are probably dozens of lines if you start looking (like that popping exclamation mark above the guards head in metal gear solid when they spot you).

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is "There you go with the flattery…" ??

An Enemy used this person against person's will but an enemy realised that this person is strong. An enemy told this person that he is the best but the person said: There you go with the flattery...

What does that mean ? Another word for How could I resist ? or There is no excuse ? Is that what he is try to telling you that ? I just want to clarify that.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

An Enemy used this person against person's will but an enemy realised that this person is strong. An enemy told this person that he is the best but the person said: There you go with the flattery...

What does that mean ? Another word for How could I resist ? or There is no excuse ? Is that what he is try to telling you that ? I just want to clarify that.

flattery é elogiar

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Flattery is when you tell a person good things about themselves, so in telling the character that he is strong, he's complimenting, or flattering, that character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.