Homebrew A question regarding NAND

Varon12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to backup NAND without using a dsiware title? maybe just using userland?
The current problem I'm looking at leaves the secondary system when I downgrade it to have my primary systems link to everything and Id like to restore it to what it had prior to the downgrade including a9LH and luma obviously.
Both devices have access via Ninjhax smashhax ironhax
and the Primary system also has access for waithax as a fully established device.
I understand that the dsiware is needed to r/w to the nand but all I need is a copy, clone or backup in order to smooth over my idea.
Relinking accounts is easy because Nintendos always so courteous but I'd rather not be calling them so often.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but know that all hacks are reversible even without a NAND backup pre-a9lh. In any case, a 9.2 backup should be good enough, because all you have to do from 9.2 is just use profi's sysupdater on sysnand to update it to whatever version you downgraded from.

... That said, I don't think there's any benefit in doing that, even if you were selling the system: A hacked system (or at least it being on 9.2 OFW) can sell for much higher than a regular system.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Varon12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The secondary system is based on 11.2 and unlinking isnt the issue if I wanted to sell them its running a service and people often want their games and saves back where they left them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically the Idea is to
Backup Secondary System Nand
Transfer Primary System with access to waithax
Downgrade and Install
Restore Secondary Nand

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The secondary system is based on 11.2 and unlinking isnt the issue if I wanted to sell them its running a service and people often want their games and saves back where they left them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically the Idea is to
Backup Secondary System Nand
Transfer Primary System with access to waithax
Downgrade and Install
Restore Secondary Nand
In addition to what Quantumcat said, you can try to use ihaveahax's 9.6+ Save Crypto XMLs to back up any saves using a cart-based homebrew entrypoint (or browserhax if the 3ds happens to be on 11.0 and you're familiar with blocking the update nag with Fiddler). The problem with this, though, is that you must manually re-install and inject your saves, and it won't let you back up everything, like friend codes, for example.

You might also consider hardmodding to avoid the system transfer problem entirely.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Varon12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Disappointing but somewhat expected Using a third system to hold it would be fine if there wasn't a limit on transfers. Id be all for this option but time is the factor.

I suppose I could always transfer from the secondary to the primary backup the nand restore the primarys nand and then transfer downgrade and install instead of using a third for storage but Im still hit with the transfer limitation.

Last edited by Varon12,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.