A question before buying a J3DS

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Epultia, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Epultia
    OP

Epultia Banned

Banned
    Jun 30, 2015
    United States
    Unova
    So if I buy a J3DS (Japanese o3DS) what version do those ship at? If its below 9.2 can I still downgrade to 4.X? And if not, are there any Japanese 3DS games that come with 9.0-9.2?

Thanks for helping me(:

2. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    If it's new, it's likely it will be under 9.2. If used.....can be anything.

If it's under 9.2, yes, you can downgrade. However, I recommend using pictures or even having a second 3DS open to help you unless you know how to read Japanese. There are NO other language options on a Japanese 3DS. (I own one).

Mine did not come with any games, but there are some free games on the eShop (you'll need to make an NNID to get them, and spoof firmware unless you can find working versions of them on your favorite rom site).

I bought mine used, and at the time there was not a solution for piracy, I mean "homebrew", that didn't involve buying a Gateway or Sky3DS, so I updated it. Mine also came with a free Dragon Quest game, which was cool except I have no clue what to do or how to play it. So mine mostly is used for that Badge center game and Pokemon Rumble World.

3. Epultia
    OP

Epultia Banned

Banned
    Jun 30, 2015
    United States
    Unova
    Thanks

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Can I install english cia's on a japanese 3ds?

4. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    yes*

*note that you might run into issues with certain games if they're looking for language files that the console isn't aware of. It's my understanding that LoZ: Majora's Mask for example, has some issues out of region.

5. Epultia
    OP

Epultia Banned

Banned
    Jun 30, 2015
    United States
    Unova
    Okay, is it possible to change emuNAND reigon?