Hacking A question about fake Gateways

zumbertinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I need some help.. I wanted to buy a Gateway from a guy that guarantees that it will work with Ultra, he' saying some things that don't make sense, like the card ONLY works on 9.2, that it won't work with Virtual Consoles titles (can't I install CIAs for them? I'm not sure about this one), etc, but I'm assuming he's just uninformed, and other people that bought from him apparently didn't complain about the authenticity.

What I wanted to know is: If a Gateway works with the Ultra firmware, will this mean that it's impossible to be fake? How does the fake card works, if it even works? What would I expect it to do? If the 8th pin is short like the first and the last, is this too a sign that it's 100% original or is there a fake that copies that too?

Anyone? :wacko:
Thanks

Mauwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What I wanted to know is: If a Gateway works with the Ultra firmware, will this mean that it's impossible to be fake? How does the fake card works, if it even works? What would I expect it to do? If the 8th pin is short like the first and the last, is this too a sign that it's 100% original or is there a fake that copies that too?

Anyone? :wacko:
Thanks

1. Nothing is impossible to fake
2. They try to clone the original as best as they can
3. Don't expect too much, then you won't be disapointed
4. Never saw another Real/Fake Image then that: http://imgur.com/KNjslqX

zumbertinho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Who is this guy?

It's from a local (Brazilian) trading site, it doesn't ship international. The guy sells Gateway for some time now (like, 10 months) and nobody complained in the purchase rating, but I really wanted to avoid any possibility of a fake. The official resellers here are out of stock.

1. Nothing is impossible to fake
2. They try to clone the original as best as they can
3. Don't expect too much, then you won't be disapointed
4. Never saw another Real/Fake Image then that: http://imgur.com/KNjslqX

But fakes generally don't accept official updates, right? What I wanted to know is a method to see if the card is fake or not, and how it behaves.. if the fake cards that are going around now won't accept Ultra and the one I'll buy accepts it, maybe this means that the probability of it being a fake is very low.

What I wanted to know is how it works, from somebody who already know how it works, so maybe I'll be able to spot a fake if they send me one.
Also, are those cards dangerous? Is there a brick risk (even if I don't mess with Sysnand and updates and stuff)? Because I'll need to test it, right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah i dont think there ever was fakes tbh....at least not working fakes, the only picture i seen looked perfectly legit except a single shorter pin......if you where making fakes that worked with the original gateway software, you wouldn't make obvious differences like that, my bets is it was a card with a manufacturing error, and the rumor started that it was fake, then gateway just said "yeah thats a fake" when all the clone bricks and stuff where going on to try distract from the fact a few legit gateway users where bricked.......basically if it works with ultra, its almost certainly legit

and as long as you stick to noob friendly tutorials you wont brick, only beople who have bricked have done so through not following the beginners guide and trying to do more advanced stuff without understanding it all properly (like updating sysnand with roms and cia files......stuff like that)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries