Toshimasa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all,

i have a problem with my wii. my wii keeps going on, off and stand-by automaticly and i cant really use my wii anymore. i dunno if it is a brick or not.
i have a pal wii 3.3E. i hope someone know if this can be fixed. thanks in advance.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure the power button on all of your wiimotes and on the wii itself don't have any sticky crud that is jamming them even though it doesn't look like they're being pressed....otherwise you just have a fautly wii.....or really particular power surges.

Toshimasa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there is nothing sticky on the buttons i sometimes i can get in the wii menu for a few minutes but then it turn itself off and then keeps looping that. dunno why it worked well few days ago maybe because of a game update or a wad install i dunno but nothing to do with sticky buttons.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt that it was done with a wad... those usually promote a different set of symptoms. Have you tried taking the batteries out the wiimote or resyncing it? If all that fails, try disconnecting that wiimote and using a different one. If that fails...Call the Big B and tell Mr. Ihackamiiwii Nintendo that you need him to fix it...because this sounds more like a warranty scenario...if all the other attempts fail....

Good luck!

Toshimasa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dont think it is remote problem well.. i guess my wii is done for because my warrenty already worn off
frown.gif
unless there is a way to fix it.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they fix out-of-warranty systems for about 75 bucks....I'd just take it and the wiimotes apart and clean it yourself though....it's a mechanical thing somewhere, and it could be very easily repairable..... I made a tri-wing screwdriver with a dremel and took apart a malfunctioning wiimote and cleaned it all in about 2 hours total.

take the batteries out of all the remotes and see if it still happens, then you know its the console deck itself.

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's your power cord. Try wiggling it and put it back in. See if that works you can also try buying a new power cord if the wiggling and putting it back in doesn't work.

Toshimasa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for helping me out its working now. now i hope it doesnt do it again i think its the powercord too but not sure yet.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely a faulty power supply issue... Try one of the nyco replacements...
I had the same problem when I first got my Wii... Nintendo sent me a new one.... But It took forever so I purchased a nyco.... And it works grate... It stays allot cooler than the Nintendo one I'll tell ya that...

I would replace the power supply/cord if I were you... If it is infact the problem, because power surges of off and on like that can really hurt the Wii....

-kitt050383

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi